Home

Edit Player Ratings?

This is a discussion on Edit Player Ratings? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Edit Player Ratings?

Fred over at Sportsgamer said that we could edit player ratings. I wonder if Ian, Phil, Bill, or someone else who has the game can confirm this. It would make a huge difference to me - no more Vernon Davis with a 68 strength while Patrick Willis has an 88.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 12:34 PM   #2
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: Edit Player Ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap11
Fred over at Sportsgamer said that we could edit player ratings. I wonder if Ian, Phil, Bill, or someone else who has the game can confirm this. It would make a huge difference to me - no more Vernon Davis with a 68 strength while Patrick Willis has an 88.
You could always edit player ratings.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:46 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
You could always edit player ratings.
On next gen? I bought it last year and couldn't figure out how to do it. Because the franchise was for all intents and purposes broken I traded it in for a last gen version - which of course allows this feature. Further, if next gen permits this, than why all the gnashing of teeth over the EA ratings in the first place if we can just fire up the rosters and change them? Maybe I am wrong, but I am not the only one who could not figure out how to alter player ratings last year on next gen.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #4
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
On next gen? I bought it last year and couldn't figure out how to do it. Because the franchise was for all intents and purposes broken I traded it in for a last gen version - which of course allows this feature. Further, if next gen permits this, than why all the gnashing of teeth over the EA ratings in the first place if we can just fire up the rosters and change them? Maybe I am wrong, but I am not the only one who could not figure out how to alter player ratings last year on next gen.
yes on next gen.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
Rookie

Razr,

Do you have this years version. Even if last year's installment allowed editing player attributes (which I and others couln't figure out) this doesn't mean it is in this year. Afterall, field degredation was in last year and appears missing from this version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Razr,

Do you have this years version. Even if last year's installment allowed editing player attributes (which I and others couln't figure out) this doesn't mean it is in this year. Afterall, field degredation was in last year and appears missing from this version.
I think there may be some confusion. Are you talking about editing player ratings from startup or in franchise mode? In franchise you could not edit ratings in 08, but at the main roster menu you could (though it was the first year that was available on next gen). For franchise mode, I'd like to know this as well...I highly doubt ratings edits have been removed completely.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:25 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm pretty sure you CAN change ratings at startup. And you CAN'T change ratings after you've started a franchise.

But what sucks is it seems as though you CAN'T edit players from other teams while you're in franchise mode. I understand the ratings shouldn't be edited. But what about numbers? I don't want LBs with #9 just because I uploaded a draft class.

I'd also like the ability to create a free agent during the franchise. Let's say Favre comes back for next season as well but the game has him retire after a season in franchise mode. I won't be able to create him to have an accurate roster. Heck, I can't even TRY to convince potential retirees to stay for another year. That too would be a good feature to implement.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by advisory
I'm pretty sure you CAN change ratings at startup. And you CAN'T change ratings after you've started a franchise.

But what sucks is it seems as though you CAN'T edit players from other teams while you're in franchise mode. I understand the ratings shouldn't be edited. But what about numbers? I don't want LBs with #9 just because I uploaded a draft class.

I'd also like the ability to create a free agent during the franchise. Let's say Favre comes back for next season as well but the game has him retire after a season in franchise mode. I won't be able to create him to have an accurate roster. Heck, I can't even TRY to convince potential retirees to stay for another year. That too would be a good feature to implement.
I don't mind not being able to edit the ratings once I start a franchise (so long as the progression system works). I'm fairly sure I tried to edit ratings from the startup last year, but could only change equipment. It was my first foray into next gen, and perhaps I just coudn't find the right menue to access the feature. Unfortunately the sim engine was so bad I didn't keep the game for long.

Considering the sim engine looks fixed, the game is more appealing, particularly if I can fix glaring ratings errors - and there are several.

Thanks for the input.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »