Home

Why are options taken out ? : (

This is a discussion on Why are options taken out ? : ( within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-12-2008, 03:42 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Why are options taken out ? : (

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller22
You can straff on defense so i dont know what the hell they talking about
On higher levels: ALL-PRO, ALL-MADDEN you CANNOT strafe. It's only allowed on lower levels: ROOKIE & PRO..

BTW, why is it when someone ask a question concerning something in the game you get somewhat bent out of shape?
Old 08-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yah I only usually change a few buttons, but the big one for me personally is not being able to cover up the ball with the Y button any longer because I have been doing this for quite some time with Madden and NCAA and now it hurdles when you do this : (

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez I wonder why EA took the configurate your buttons option out of the game ?

How was that hurting the game ?

Soooooooooooooooooo confused !!

If EA is reading can you give some type of explination for this ?

Thx Maddcatt
Old 08-12-2008, 04:17 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddcatt
Yah I only usually change a few buttons, but the big one for me personally is not being able to cover up the ball with the Y button any longer because I have been doing this for quite some time with Madden and NCAA and now it hurdles when you do this : (

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez I wonder why EA took the configurate your buttons option out of the game ?

How was that hurting the game ?

Soooooooooooooooooo confused !!

If EA is reading can you give some type of explination for this ?

Thx Maddcatt
I've been asking for over a month now why you can't edit the controls, and have yet to get a response. It's a very hush, hush topic and I too am just looking for a simple explanation.

NCAA allows custom controls this year, but they lock X and R1 on Defensive pursuit. It remains a complete mystery why.

They did list that a last gen control figuration is planned as part of the second patch, though I don't know if that means just another standard locked in layout or if you can pick and choose what to edit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 04:21 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've been playing Madden on the PC for a number of years now and it was TOTALLY strange playing Madden on xbox 360 for the first time, haha..

I personally don't think the control are bad, it's just going to take a little while to get used to. I will probably be pushing the wrong buttons for a few games but then again I have years of habit to break now!

On the flip side, being able to configure controls is somewhat important in most games and it is a tad mind boggling why it was removed from the game.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
On higher levels: ALL-PRO, ALL-MADDEN you CANNOT strafe. It's only allowed on lower levels: ROOKIE & PRO..

BTW, why is it when someone ask a question concerning something in the game you get somewhat bent out of shape?
you can strafte on All Madden....I played 20 games online and strafte every time.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:34 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
you can strafte on All Madden....I played 20 games online and strafte every time.
I haven't played Online yet, but Offline you can only strafe on the lower levels. Maybe I should have been a little clearer instead of generalizing...

Thanks for the heads-up djordan
Old 08-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 16

no prob mang.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #16
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3

i know you can't strafe on offense on the higher levels but surely you can strafe on defense...I think that is the miscomunication going on here. or at least I hope.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »