Home

Work Around for Player Progression

This is a discussion on Work Around for Player Progression within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
Rookie

SirRoyal's Arena

OVR: 2
Work Around for Player Progression

There is Player Progression!
For some reason the player management rating is not the same as the Depth Chart rating after the season. If you look in the depth chart you have completely different ratings that are usually higher.

To make these ratings match you will lose the draft info of your player and is time consuming so you can pick who you want to match. Sadly you can not edit other teams players.

To do this edit the player and just change their helmet (or any equipment) and then back to what it was (or any item) and Keep Player without saving, and magically their rating on player management is the same as the Depth Chart.

After editing and you return to the Player Progression page their ovrl is corrected with the (+x) next to it.

So it looks like this is graphical glitch and hopefully this can easily be fixed.

Last edited by SirRoyal; 08-17-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 10:22 PM   #2
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Work Around for Player Progression

Nice find! Hopefully they will fix this then since it does sound like it may be simple.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:45 PM   #3
MVP

there is one problem, though.....

Once you edit the player, they STOP progressing any further
Old 08-17-2008, 10:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976

hmm, i'm not so sure about that. there is plenty of evidence on this forum to go both ways on that issue
Old 08-17-2008, 10:52 PM   #5
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976

That's the theory, but that might be tied up in what this guy found... needs a bit more looking into.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 11:16 PM   #6
MVP

I tried it with Gosder Cherilus of the Detroit Lions.....I edited him in week 2 of the season, he was a 79 on the Player Management screen, but 80 on the depth chart.....at the end of the season, he Did NOT progress at all in any category
Old 08-17-2008, 11:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've got the PS3 CE version, patched with the latest EA rosters, and unfortunately, I've had the same results. Equipment (simple stuff like adding arm sleeves) or ratings edits have resulted in zero progression/regression for the players after 3 years of simulating. From rookies to vets, it's almost like the Franchise mode doesn't recognize them once they are edited to progress them. Injuries on or off, even with ordinary statistical seasons, nothing happens to modify their ratings in any way... I'm aware that someone else has stated that they haven't run into this problem/bug/glitch, I'd love to know the solution if this is the case.

Last edited by Da Rebirth; 08-17-2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 08-17-2008, 11:29 PM   #8
Rookie

SirRoyal's Arena

OVR: 2

He's right, I just edited Russell, McFadden, Miller and simmed a season and none of them progressed at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »