Home

Running Game (Try This Out!!!)

This is a discussion on Running Game (Try This Out!!!) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 09:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon4 Running Game (Try This Out!!!)

Straight 2 the point, when running the ball after deciding wither to initiate contact or juke the defender... Once contact is in effect immediately press either or

1. A button (stiff) (will provoke the stiff/throw/power animation).

2. B button (spin) (will provoke the spin out of tackle/fall forward animation).

3. R stick (juke) (will provoke the juke/shifty animation).

I know you guys are some what aware of the "tapping button" to brake tackles, but I don't think many of you are aware of the "options" you have once CONTACT is initiated. Try this in practice for a while and this skill will become second nature.

Again, do your normal power/juke first and THEN ONCE CONTACT IS IN PLAY try the above. I promise this will help you in the running game. See Ya!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Running Game (Try This Out!!!)

I actually do this, I use the juke and spin more (I'm the Packers) as the only player with an effective stiff arm to me is Grant and I use the stiff arm mostly for him. Its neat, I break away from 1 tackler and sometimes my guy goes to wiggle away and doesn't get away.
I like it.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 09-23-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

no offense but who didnt know that? that was one of the highlighted features of the game.

i wish there was some type of system to it but its kind of random. i wish you had to hit a certain one based on the tackle and player position to break a tackle. i pretty much just hit everyone.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #4
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

I wish it was realistic. Seeing RB's falling backward and being wrapped up then just pop right out with a juke is a joke.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

I thought running game was pretty non existent for me, playing as the Chiefs, then i kept the Madden IQ ratings the same and played a game with the Vikings and I realize...its just crap O-Line blocking for me. So I am pretty content with the running game thus far...

...BUT, has anybody seen the "judo Flib" tackle breaking animation?

Chiefs (ME) vs. Broncos (CPU) - Selvin young takes an inside handoff and cuts out to the right around the teackles...before crossing the LOS my MLB (whom I realize does suck but doesnt way 150lbs) catches up with S. Young from behind as he is running horizontal towards the sideline and Young somehow breaks the tackle by doing a "Judo Flip" on him and runs for 5 yard gain...

I've only seen it once, but it pretty much just kind of blew my whole 'pretty realistic' feeling.

Anyways, thanks for the tips
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #6
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Does this also work on NCAA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-24-2008, 12:14 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
Does this also work on NCAA?
nope. In both Madden and NCAA you can string together moves instead of having to wait for an animation to end. I can't beleive people didn't know you could do moves to get out of tackles. That was a huge addition to this years game and helps the running game feel much more realistic. One of the best things is being able to push up on the right stick to push ahead for a few more yards.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 21

Don't flatter yourself, buddy. You were playing the Jets after all.

I kid, I kid. That was a nice run.

I'm starting to learn how to run the ball more effectively. I had a pretty good game with Marshawn Lynch last night. Could it have something to do with the patch? Did they make it a bit easier to run or tone down the run D?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »