Home

Are you like me at all?

This is a discussion on Are you like me at all? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2008, 11:45 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 31
Are you like me at all?

Bought Madden on release date...played it for a day or two.

Put away until the ptach #2 is out.

It's out yet I still haven't put it in to play it again. I'm enjoying NCAA alot and NHL 09, plus picked up Lego Batman...so my gaming plate for games is pretty full (2 online dynasties for NCAA).

I think its because I'm disappointed no online franchise for Madden.

I'll download the patch and play it again at somepoint. But man I can't believe I haven't touched it for this long.

Am I alone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Are you like me at all?

MLB The Show is the best sports game ever from what little I've played of it so far. With Madden's many imperfections, I can easily stop playing it and not miss it one bit. I'm actually thinking about selling it to gamestop for $20, or whatever they'll give me. I feel like such a fool for having paid $60 plus tax to begin with. I almost feel like I'm screwing over gamestop by getting $20 for this game. This game isn't worth more than $9.99. Seriously.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:17 AM   #3
MVP

I still haven't uploaded the patch yet. Perhaps tomorrow...I'm seriously don't think I am the only one that hasn't done this yet.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #4
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueballs
MLB The Show is the best sports game ever from what little I've played of it so far. With Madden's many imperfections, I can easily stop playing it and not miss it one bit. I'm actually thinking about selling it to gamestop for $20, or whatever they'll give me. I feel like such a fool for having paid $60 plus tax to begin with. I almost feel like I'm screwing over gamestop by getting $20 for this game. This game isn't worth more than $9.99. Seriously.
I agree with you in regards to your comment on The Show....as far as Madden....I have accepted the glitches etc etc as part of the game and will continue to play it, although not as frequently due to the glitches etc etc....
Maybe next year......
Old 09-29-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
MVP

I still havent uploaded the patch or played Madden since the 1st week of its release.

I'm wondering if I should trade it in and pick it up again near the end of the football season.

This is definately the last year I buy Madden at launch.

I know I wouldn't have this problem if there was an online frachise like the online dynasty mode I'm addicted to for NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 01:03 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Trying like hell to enjoy the game, but I just can't get any decent play from the CPU. The game has always been too easy, but now it seems as if the CPU doesn't have anything going for them. At this point, I'd welcome super robo qb, if it means they can score.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:13 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Nope, not alone. Having trouble getting into it like in the past.

I enjoy NCAA much more. Right now I'm waiting for The Show '09 and then NCAA '10.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:23 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 17

Is there a purpose to this thread at all (besides more whining)? You could've answered your own question by simply reading through some of the other threads.....much like the impressions threads could be cut in half in post count if poeple would actually take the time to read through them instead of posting a million inane questions that have already been answered. It'd make life alot easier for those looking for objective discussion and rational input.

But to answer your question, No. I'm not a bitter EA ***** so I don't let little things like uniform editing glitches ruin the overall experience. I played the atrocity that was Madden 06 on 360 and can recognize how far the game has come, especially considering how much more complex the development is for sports games across the board.

The game has been patched with something like 10 months remaining in the year until the next one. Time for some objectivity around here.........for once.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »