Home

NEW AT PLAYING MADDEN

This is a discussion on NEW AT PLAYING MADDEN within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
NEW AT PLAYING MADDEN

This is my first time playin madden 2009 and i rented it so i dont have a instruction book im just learning on the fly and i have a few questions if anyone can help me. Can u sub for the players like in madden 06 when u could use certain players for certain plays bc i dont see it and also can u choose what uniforms u can wear during the season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2008, 05:42 AM   #2
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NEW AT PLAYING MADDEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEDAY08
This is my first time playin madden 2009 and i rented it so i dont have a instruction book im just learning on the fly and i have a few questions if anyone can help me. Can u sub for the players like in madden 06 when u could use certain players for certain plays bc i dont see it and also can u choose what uniforms u can wear during the season
Yes to both. There is a formation sub menu in the playcall screen you can use for quick subs. You can change uniforms in season/franchise as well. I can't for the life of me recall what freakin button it is though...lol. If you look at the bottom of the team select screen it should say " Press (whatever button it is) for more options" or something to that effect. The uniform select is under that. Hope that jumble helps some...lol
Old 10-21-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Ok i have another questions for those who know this plz reply can u like change the controllers buttons around like im not used to the square being the dive and the r2 being the sprint im not used to the controllers conriguration being like that so can u switch them around
Old 10-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Yes to both. There is a formation sub menu in the playcall screen you can use for quick subs. You can change uniforms in season/franchise as well. I can't for the life of me recall what freakin button it is though...lol. If you look at the bottom of the team select screen it should say " Press (whatever button it is) for more options" or something to that effect. The uniform select is under that. Hope that jumble helps some...lol
Can you do any other formation subs other than the quick subs at the playcall screen? For example in previous versions you could change your #1 WR to the slot position in one formation, yet still have him in the wide-out position in all other formations. As far as I know we cannot do this in 09', but maybe I've missed something? the only way I have been able to move a WR to the slot position is make him my #3 WR ....
Old 10-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Erick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Can you do any other formation subs other than the quick subs at the playcall screen? For example in previous versions you could change your #1 WR to the slot position in one formation, yet still have him in the wide-out position in all other formations. As far as I know we cannot do this in 09', but maybe I've missed something? the only way I have been able to move a WR to the slot position is make him my #3 WR ....
You can sub out specific players for specific plays by pressing Y if you are playing on the 360. You press the Y button at the playcall screen and select the receivers you want to switch out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 12:25 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick
You can sub out specific players for specific plays by pressing Y if you are playing on the 360. You press the Y button at the playcall screen and select the receivers you want to switch out.
So if I sub my #1 WR into the slot position for one particular play, will he remain as the slot receiver every time I call that play?

Thanks
Old 10-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Erick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
So if I sub my #1 WR into the slot position for one particular play, will he remain as the slot receiver every time I call that play?

Thanks
No problem.

Actually, my mistake, the change you make will effect the entire formation, not just that one play.

For instance, you change receiver A for receiver C in the Singleback Big formation. Receiver C will be in place of receiver A for all of the Singleback Big plays.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:16 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick
No problem.

Actually, my mistake, the change you make will effect the entire formation, not just that one play.

For instance, you change receiver A for receiver C in the Singleback Big formation. Receiver C will be in place of receiver A for all of the Singleback Big plays.
OK Great. One more question, does that change stay in effect for future games or do you need to make that change at the beginning of each game?

Thanks again!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »