Home

Will Madden IQ be in the next version? If so, my thoughts on it

This is a discussion on Will Madden IQ be in the next version? If so, my thoughts on it within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
Will Madden IQ be in the next version? If so, my thoughts on it

If it is, is it possible to mention to us what changes will be made to it? Some of my thoughts on improving it would be:

1. Start off with correct pass completion percentages and rushing YPC numbers to begin with. Last year (uh, will this year I guess) the Madden IQ was programmed to not allow for more than a 2 yards per carry average and if you went over that it made it harder to run the ball. I have to check the real life NFL stats but I think most backs average around 4 yards per carry for the season, not 1.5 to 2.0. Pass completion percentages for an entire season should be in the 60-65% range I think. Somebody would have to look it up to know for sure. Regardless, the Madden IQ should be adjusting for both Human and CPU so that they average around 4ypc and 62% completion rate (approx numbers).

2. The Madden IQ, if possible, should take into consideration the offense and defense ratings for teams playing against each other before it makes adjustments. Let's say you have the best O-line in football and are playing the worst rush Defense in the NFL. You should have a higher than usual rushing ypc for that game AND NOT BE PENALIZED for it by way of the Madden IQ adjusting to make running harder just because you ran all over a crappy defense.

3. There should be a way to "lock" the Madden IQ. Once you get to the point where you feel the IQ is set to where you are getting realistic life like stats for both you and the cpu based on team ratings then you should be able to lock your Madden IQ so that it won't make any more adjustments. My thinking behind this is if you play a season and it gets to the point that the Madden IQ is accurate for you, that is great, but what about the next season? What if you have a higher rated team? Do you want it to keep adjusting so as to make it harder for you and "penalize" you just because you have a better team? No. Good teams should have better records than low rated teams. Just as well, if I have a lower rated team I don't expect to have a winning season meaning the IQ should not continue to adjust to make it easier for me just because my team sucks.

4. Last but not least, regardless if the Madden IQ is in Madden 10 or not, or if it tweaked or not, give us the option to turn it off it when we want AND GIVE US THE OPTION TO USE HUMAN AND CPU SLIDERS. Please put the cpu sliders back in the game. With all the problems 09 has I could have worked around it if the cpu sliders had not been removed. Without them the game is unplayable to me.

Anyways, thats my two cents. I am tired of complaining about 09 and am hoping for the best for next year. Also, forgive me if there is already a thread about the IQ and 2010, I didn't notice any when I did a quick look for one.

Last edited by ab2c4; 12-11-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2008, 10:43 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Will Madden IQ be in the next version? If so, my thoughts on it

I like IQ and I hope they build in on it more. At the moment I am not sure which area it needs improvement though. I hope it is not removed, but improved.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 27

They can keep IQ in, they just need to use their heads and make sure CPU sliders are in (and working) too. I won't buy next year's game and will shut my Madden playing down until next generation if that's absent again. They should know better. Working CPU sliders have to be a must-be-included, no-compromise situation for Madden 2010.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
There should be a way to "lock" the Madden IQ.
There is. Remember where the sliders are set. Set it to custom and put in the sliders yourself.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:48 PM   #5
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
There is. Remember where the sliders are set. Set it to custom and put in the sliders yourself.
Well yes, but to me that is a work-around way of doing it. Instead there should be a "lock" button on the IQ screen itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2008, 06:46 PM   #6
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Can't you just not save your profile after you've reached an IQ setting you like? That way each time it loads it should load the same settings. You'd have to reload after every game, so it is a hack, but effectively the same as a lock really.

IMO the custom slider way isn't the same. The game is different on IQ even if you use the same settings in custom, I'm certain of that.

As for IQ itself, they need to make it so maxing the sliders and keeping them maxed only happens in extreme circumstances, like if you are always getting 140+ QB ratings or 7YPC rushing etc. I have a maximum rushing slider after 3.4YPC on the season - doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by Nza; 12-11-2008 at 06:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »