Home

STEPS TO GET THE UNIFORMS CORRECT

This is a discussion on STEPS TO GET THE UNIFORMS CORRECT within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2008, 04:32 AM   #1
Rookie

sabotage013's Arena

OVR: 3
STEPS TO GET THE UNIFORMS CORRECT

There is no excuse why the uniforms can be screwed up year after year.

1) Does anyone know what steps that EA takes to make the unis.

2) I am making a uniform database, who can I send it to in EA, if that is even possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 07:03 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: STEPS TO GET THE UNIFORMS CORRECT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage013
There is no excuse why the uniforms can be screwed up year after year.

1) Does anyone know what steps that EA takes to make the unis.

2) I am making a uniform database, who can I send it to in EA, if that is even possible.
Who's uniforms are screwed up?
Old 10-28-2008, 08:52 AM   #3
Rookie

sabotage013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Who's uniforms are screwed up?
Just off the top of my head, Jaguars several pants stripe problems, 49ers throwbacks, Chargers Alt Facemask, several facemasks that should be grey are not ex. Colts, and there are many commonly used unis in previous years that somehow get left out this year. Really, I know that it doesn't affect gameplay, but it is extremely annoying and seems like such a simple fix.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage013
Just off the top of my head, Jaguars several pants stripe problems, 49ers throwbacks, Chargers Alt Facemask, several facemasks that should be grey are not ex. Colts, and there are many commonly used unis in previous years that somehow get left out this year. Really, I know that it doesn't affect gameplay, but it is extremely annoying and seems like such a simple fix.
I get that this is important to you and I am, by no means, belittling your opinion. Different things are important to different people. I get that.

Maybe I'm just not that detail oriented. I'm a diehard Bills' fan. I've watched every game they've played this season on TV. But if you held a gun to my head right now, I couldn't tell you what combination of colors they use in their stripes on their pants. I know it's blue and red, obviously. I think there may be some silver in there too somewhere. But I couldn't tell you whether Madden got it right or not.

Facemasks...yeah...I'd notice if they gave the Bills like a grey or blue facemask. But the pant stripes? Really???
Old 10-28-2008, 09:24 AM   #5
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

I thought these were the most accurate versions that Madden has done in years, albeit at the expense of options. I guess they figured they were better off with 2-3 accurate uniforms per team than 10 uniforms that are innacurate. Still, I can see that they didn;t get everything exactly right for every team.

I guess I'm just mildly happy because the Browns didn't get stuck with Brown pants and white shirts as their only road uniform as in MAdden 08.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 09:42 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 27

I've seen a number of threads here and in different places pointing to either missing uni's or inaccurate uni. In total, there are a lot of issues there. Although it's not by any means a gamekiller across the board, that opinion may change if it's your favorite team who got screwed up.

I'm not really sure why these mistakes happen, and when I say that I'm not talking about the subtle mistakes. I'm talking mistakes like having the wrong color of something like the Bucs who have the wrong color helmets, or the 49ers throwback having the wrong helmet/wrong color facemask.

Being able to edit the uni's would be the best solution at this point, but quite frankly the artists have no real excuse for totally botching things that we have thousands of pictures to use as a reference. You'd pretty much have to purposely not use the pictures at all in order to make some of these mistakes. With new leadership in place, let's just hope that NFL uniforms are no longer screwed up in a game made to represent the NFL...
Old 10-28-2008, 09:45 AM   #7
Rookie

sabotage013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I get that this is important to you and I am, by no means, belittling your opinion. Different things are important to different people. I get that.

Maybe I'm just not that detail oriented. I'm a diehard Bills' fan. I've watched every game they've played this season on TV. But if you held a gun to my head right now, I couldn't tell you what combination of colors they use in their stripes on their pants. I know it's blue and red, obviously. I think there may be some silver in there too somewhere. But I couldn't tell you whether Madden got it right or not.

Facemasks...yeah...I'd notice if they gave the Bills like a grey or blue facemask. But the pant stripes? Really???
I have been said to be a stickler for details and maybe that is why it bothers me as much as it does. I still think that especially if you have NFL exclusivity, like EA does, and they have been making NFL football games for years, like EA has, and you have a uni correct one year then change things to make it wrong the next, or just delete one that a team uses frequently that has always been there, it just seems to not make any sense. As for the pants stripe, the Jaguars changed theirs this year and Madden did not reflect it, but ok, cut them a break at least they will look like last years. So I the Teal on white are good, just like last years, but the same white pants in the white on white uni have a different incorrect stripe. Same with the jersey numbers from the teal on white uni are correct and the teal on black are way off. Its just laziness and quite dissappointing. And just for the record I don't want a Vick era Falcons flashback with 15 different uni choices but applied to every team, but I would like them to include what they wear and to get them right. It just doesn't seem that difficult.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:50 AM   #8
Rookie

sabotage013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I've seen a number of threads here and in different places pointing to either missing uni's or inaccurate uni. In total, there are a lot of issues there. Although it's not by any means a gamekiller across the board, that opinion may change if it's your favorite team who got screwed up.

I'm not really sure why these mistakes happen, and when I say that I'm not talking about the subtle mistakes. I'm talking mistakes like having the wrong color of something like the Bucs who have the wrong color helmets, or the 49ers throwback having the wrong helmet/wrong color facemask.

Being able to edit the uni's would be the best solution at this point, but quite frankly the artists have no real excuse for totally botching things that we have thousands of pictures to use as a reference. You'd pretty much have to purposely not use the pictures at all in order to make some of these mistakes. With new leadership in place, let's just hope that NFL uniforms are no longer screwed up in a game made to represent the NFL...
True, I have always thought that it would be easier also if the helmet, jersey, pant, and shoe (mainly for color: black or white) would be independent choices from one another. Then all the would have to do is make one correct of each color intead of say 3 or 4, allowing more chances for error.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »