Home

Haven't sen Ian in a while.

This is a discussion on Haven't sen Ian in a while. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #1
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Haven't sen Ian in a while.

So did the haters win and Ian is officially gone? I haven't seen any posts from him in a while. If so its sad they won. I suppose they'd rather complain about what next years madden won't and can't do than give input other than "so and so got it right make it like theirs". But i'm probably beating a dead horse here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Haven't sen Ian in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
So did the haters win and Ian is officially gone? I haven't seen any posts from him in a while. If so its sad they won. I suppose they'd rather complain about what next years madden won't and can't do than give input other than "so and so got it right make it like theirs". But i'm probably beating a dead horse here.
No, I think Ian is just busy making a video game.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Haven't sen Ian in a while.

Get over it man. It's not like some magic cosmic force took over a bunch of people's minds and forced them to complain against their will. The discontent is a result of years of EA making promises that they don't deliver on, half baked features, faulty AI, and patheticly subpar testing in beta versions.

People are pissed.....2k people, Madden loyalists, you name it...we're all getting pretty sick of it. If Ian/Phil/EA are tired of hearing comparisons to other games, complaints about broken franchise mode, complaints about unwanted and incomplete new features, the removal of old features that we loved, the fact that CG blows NG away, etc.....

Then make a better damn game. Otherwise, this is what they will continue to hear. The complaints have more or less been the same for years now--and even though they claim that all this interaction and feedback is new, this isn't exactly true. They may be the most visible EA guys on forums in recent years but I know that during the '05, '06, '07, and '08 years that the community leaders from various sites stated that they were in direct communication with EA and that the EA guys did read the forums even if they didn't respond. And where did those 4 years of them reading feedback get us?

Nowhere.......almost every madden board you go to is primarily living off of posts complaining about the game and its various broken aspects.

I think alot of people feel like I do...EA you've had your chances and let us down too many times for us to show any mercy to you.

Man up, fix it, or go the phluck home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 12-13-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

Cool Re: Haven't sen Ian in a while.

And before anyone chimes in that people will always complain no matter how good the game is.....I remember reading boards from around '98-'2001 and the vast majority of consumer reviews and posts were positive because the game was really improving alot from year to year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 12-13-2008, 02:41 PM   #5
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
Get over it man. It's not like some magic cosmic force took over a bunch of people's minds and forced them to complain against their will. The discontent is a result of years of EA making promises that they don't deliver on, half baked features, faulty AI, and patheticly subpar testing in beta versions.

People are pissed.....2k people, Madden loyalists, you name it...we're all getting pretty sick of it. If Ian/Phil/EA are tired of hearing comparisons to other games, complaints about broken franchise mode, complaints about unwanted and incomplete new features, the removal of old features that we loved, the fact that CG blows NG away, etc.....

Then make a better damn game. Otherwise, this is what they will continue to hear. The complaints have more or less been the same for years now--and even though they claim that all this interaction and feedback is new, this isn't exactly true. They may be the most visible EA guys on forums in recent years but I know that during the '05, '06, '07, and '08 years that the community leaders from various sites stated that they were in direct communication with EA and that the EA guys did read the forums even if they didn't respond. And where did those 4 years of them reading feedback get us?

Nowhere.......almost every madden board you go to is primarily living off of posts complaining about the game and its various broken aspects.

I think alot of people feel like I do...EA you've had your chances and let us down too many times for us to show any mercy to you.

lol...I'm not sure what this has to do with Ian being gone or not, but...nice rant though

Anyway, I doubt he's run off. I've noticed he and Phill seem to tag in and out so we still have communication. Phill's been on here plenty and Ian popped in once or twice. As someone already said, he's busy making a video game.

To roll2tide's point, it remains to be seen what level of quality that game turns out to be.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 12-13-2008 at 05:38 PM. Reason: lol...poop
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

it seems that unless Ian signs in everyday then someone gets the idea that he's run off due to people complaining.

I guess people forget that he:

A) is working on a video game

&

B) has a life outside of making the game and interacting on the boards. He is a person you know, not some username on a message board.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide

feel better?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-13-2008, 03:42 PM   #8
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...I'm not sure what this has to do with Ian being gone or not, but...nice rant though

Anyway, I doubt he's run off. I've noticed he and Phill seem to tag in and out so we still have communication. Phill's been on here plenty and Ian pooped in once or twice. As someone already said, he's busy making a video game.

To roll2tide's point, it remains to be seen what level of quality that game turns out to be.
yuck city!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »