Home

I am finished with Madden 09 I think

This is a discussion on I am finished with Madden 09 I think within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14
I am finished with Madden 09 I think

For the first time ever, I am bored with Madden. Been playing it since the Sega Genesis days. Have had a lot of fun, but since I switched to next generation console a year ago, I have been thoroughly disappointed.

I am hopeful that EA will take on some of the suggestions posted on this board, as I feel some are very good and would enhance this once great title we have all loved.

I played my franchise up to 2012, trying to overlook all that the game lacked in presentation and atmosphere. It is a boring game, plain and simple imo.

We will see if our voices are heard for 2010. If not, it will be the first year in a long time, that I did not purchase a Madden title.

I may give Head Coach a try to see if it has anything to offer, but I am not going to be overly optimistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: I am finished with Madden 09 I think

I feel your pain.Im still at it,trying satisfy my NFL football fix.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm still playing on and off until The Show '09 comes out.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey76
For the first time ever, I am bored with Madden. Been playing it since the Sega Genesis days. Have had a lot of fun, but since I switched to next generation console a year ago, I have been thoroughly disappointed.

I am hopeful that EA will take on some of the suggestions posted on this board, as I feel some are very good and would enhance this once great title we have all loved.

I played my franchise up to 2012, trying to overlook all that the game lacked in presentation and atmosphere. It is a boring game, plain and simple imo.

We will see if our voices are heard for 2010. If not, it will be the first year in a long time, that I did not purchase a Madden title.

I may give Head Coach a try to see if it has anything to offer, but I am not going to be overly optimistic.
Not trying to be funny but how old are you...I'm 44 and I too have become bored with Madden and I'm wondering if its just an age thing...Personally I don't think so because the only reason I even own a ps3 and 360 is because of Football. The last time Madden was really calling me to play it was 2002...Since the 2002 game I haven't really been able to play it more than a month or two after its release...In years past I'd play it up until the next release

Also I'm having fun with Live and a few other games so I lean more toward its Madden's fault and not mine that I can't enjoy it...Lord knows I want to enjoy it and I want it to be great...It aint happening tho

Last edited by dat swag; 01-04-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #5
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
Not trying to be funny but how old are you...I'm 44 and I too have become bored with Madden and I'm wondering if its just an age thing...Personally I don't think so because the only reason I even own a ps3 and 360 is because of Football. The last time Madden was really calling me to play it was 2002...Since the 2002 game I haven't really been able to play it more than a month or two after its release...In years past I'd play it up until the next release

Also I'm having fun with Live and a few other games so I lean more toward its Madden's fault and not mine that I can't enjoy it...Lord knows I want to enjoy it and I want it to be great...It aint happening tho
i traded it in 3 months ago got so boring same thing every game and online was a joke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 10:04 PM   #6
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah, I can really identify with the age thing... The only reason I have a 360 is for Nfl Football gaming. Considering that I already play very few games, if I can't enjoy Madden then there is really no reason to own a system... fueling the "Danny Glover Lethal Weapon Syndrome"...
Old 01-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

I'm 41 and also been playing since the Genesis days. I got bored two weeks after I bought it. Still playing PS2 version, though. Sad.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #8
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag

I am 32

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »