Home

After further REVIEW the ratings are the second major issue BROKEN...

This is a discussion on After further REVIEW the ratings are the second major issue BROKEN... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2009, 03:53 AM   #1
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
After further REVIEW the ratings are the second major issue BROKEN...

Franchise mode logic is the first buts thats another issue......

i wanna start with
1. O-line & D- line

the o- line men are rated too slow and flat footed now i'm not saying they should be sprinters but when the average DE has 72 in speed and rushing at different angles and there is no real planting and shifting when turning the o-line gets beat way too often with out even engaging a DE.

to counter this i raised my o line speed & footwork a bit to test this out, i did not change their core blocking abilities, now i understand that some of the better linemen are quicker but this was not done to improve my players but to see why the animations are not working.

the dreaded suction blocking was improved because linemen no longer wondered stupidly becuase they were beaten untouched, whats the use having an aware linemen who sees a guy but cant reach or keep up to block him and sacks occured becuase of bad protection.

2. Acceleration
now i understand games have been using this formula for years but the 90+ speed and 90+ acceleration IMO is just crazy. NOW by no means i expect it to change ( i'll gladly change my ratings) but when you tell me that in 10 yds Moss is booking at 99 and the DB is right there after back peddling and turning thats not right. i think accel should be atleast 20 points lower than top speed, routes are about precision and quickly selling a fake than flying off the line. people wonder why they can constantly stop the cpu RB for a loss and shut down the cpu running game its because our guys fly around at top speed becuase we use abuse the turbo with guys who get to top speed in 5 or less yds.

also fatigue should affect workrate in the 4th Qtr a guy should not be flying around at the same rate after playing 50 plays now if this cant be implimented the lower accel rates should help. Deep routes are also possible if you can get the time, FADE routes are possible. there's more but not gonna make this too long.

i know guys who edit PES, FIFA, live and THE SHOW why have people not edited madden, I did and it plays better now to address the ROBO QB somehow.

Last edited by carnalnirvana; 03-17-2009 at 03:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »