Home

Bar has been raised

This is a discussion on Bar has been raised within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2009, 01:48 AM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Bar has been raised

I own a ps3, and have mlb 09. BEST sports game ever made of all time! If u own a ps3, rent this gm or buy it.

reason im podting this is cuz scea raised the bar to what a true sports game should be like. EA better step their game up. After playing the show, i wont buy madden, but rent it first. if it even compares to mlb 09(which willl be tough), then i'll buy.

EA im sure realizes what scea has done, and thats create the most authentic sports game ever.... imo. and the bar has been raised, i just hope ea steps up to the challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 02:29 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Bar has been raised

Sounds good.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:49 AM   #3
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

I agree that MLB 09 The Show is the best sports game ever. This is what I envisioned next gen sports gaming to be and I finally am using my PS3 as other than a glorified Blu-Ray player. But I don't see that "EA had better step their game up" because of The Show. It's not a direct competitor of Madden. Madden has NO competitors and therein lies the problem. It doesn't really matter if they step up or not but it looks like EA is stepping their game up out of professional pride which gives us hope. Come late august the Show is not going to satisfy my football fix I don't care how good it is.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:23 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

MLB really has raised the bar with this game,..

It's like once you start dating girls who look like this:

You just can't go back to dating fat chicks!! You just can't!!

Old 03-16-2009, 04:27 AM   #5
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

(waits for the inevitable 'does this make my *** look fat?' pic)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 08:09 AM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
I own a ps3, and have mlb 09. BEST sports game ever made of all time! If u own a ps3, rent this gm or buy it.

reason im podting this is cuz scea raised the bar to what a true sports game should be like. EA better step their game up. After playing the show, i wont buy madden, but rent it first. if it even compares to mlb 09(which willl be tough), then i'll buy.

EA im sure realizes what scea has done, and thats create the most authentic sports game ever.... imo. and the bar has been raised, i just hope ea steps up to the challenge.
One of the developers, Ian, made a thread 2 weeks ago praising MLB 09 and talked about all sports games raising the bar.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ts-gaming.html

Last edited by roadman; 03-16-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
but it looks like EA is stepping their game up out of professional pride which gives us hope.
As far as I'm concerned that's always gotta be the reason whether there is competition or not. I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing what I'm putting out isn't the best it could possibly be.

Even though by now it should be, I'm not expecting Madden to reach The Shows level this season. But The Show is at the point where it might not be caught this generation, lol. I was at Gamestop on Friday and people were huddled around a display set going "Wow. Look at how those guys move. It's like TV!" Unfortunately once many of them realized it wasn't for 360 and they appeared to all be 360 owners, the romance began to fade, lol.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 03-16-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Yeah sadly if its not on the 360 some people will begin to hate. As far as people using the PS3 as only a Bluray player, they are either lost, blind or are missing out. I love the 360, but the PS3 also has some great games, MLB09 the show being one of them. The Show has raised the bar as far as sports game goes. I think Madden 10 can meet the MLB09 standards this year, its all upto what the developers put into it. MLB07 - MLB08 was nice leap as far as graphics gameplay, etc. NFL2K4-NFL2K5 took a huge leap, NBA2K6 - NBA2K7 took a nice leap forward also.Madden 09-Madden10 needs to do the same thing. No more excusses for Madden.. maybe next year, we didn't have time, etc. Especially if we are wanting the same things we have been asking for, for like 5 years now and things and features that other sports games have - MLB09,NBA2K9,NFL2K5. So far it seems the Madden devs are prepping Madden to take ascend to the next level with Madden10, we shall see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »