Home

Playbook Knowledge

This is a discussion on Playbook Knowledge within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 26
Playbook Knowledge

Will there be any form of playbook knowledge in Madden 10. Obviously same feature from HC but would be good. Would make awareness a worthwhile stat similiar to the learning stat in HC. Would also foster having depth needing to get players in the system to learn it.
Could lead to a smart 70ovr player with high playbook knowledge 'playing' better a dumb 80 ovr player with low playbook knowledge
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Playbook Knowledge

Quote:
Will there be any form of playbook knowledge in Madden 10. Obviously same feature from HC but would be good. Would make awareness a worthwhile stat similiar to the learning stat in HC. Would also foster having depth needing to get players in the system to learn it.
Could lead to a smart 70ovr player with high playbook knowledge 'playing' better a dumb 80 ovr player with low playbook knowledge
That's a good idea actually.. cause if you take someone like Jake Delhomme and put him in a West Coast offense, it would take him a few weeks to learn the system cause he is used to playing in a Vertical Offense, run-oriented game.

Also when you sign Free Agents, like say I sign Byron Leftwich who has a 77 overall, his rating should drop to a 74 for the time being until he knows the Playbook, so he wont be back at 77 overall until a few weeks until he gains a considerable amount of knowledge.

Just like in 2007, when the Falcons signed Leftwich he was a bomb, he did not look good in that West Coast offense that Bobby Petrino installed.

EDIT: Also, VINNY TESTAVERDE when he came back for the Panthers he didn't have any knowledge of the Playbook and he messed up on a few plays.. some plays were supposed to be ran to the right and he would go left so Knowledge was a big factor.

I like this idea a lot, it adds realism.

Last edited by NuJoiseySoulja; 02-24-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

It would be nice to get learning put into the game but with other issues being addressed so far I dont know if they would have time to implement it.

It could be easy to put it but it could also end up being very messy if they dont watch out. The idea that awareness is the skill for learning is both a positive and a negitive because in most positions awareness is going to be ball awareness/player awareness. Some guys are really football savy but they just cant see the field and then you have some guys who learn their playbook in a short peroid of time but arent football savy.

Getting a learning stat in like in Head Coach would be the best route but then you have to ask yourself how do you increase that players knownledge. Maybe setup up practice mode where you pick a hand-full of plays your team will run or doing what 2k5 did and let you have weekly prepartion. You could have your guys studying film, lifting weights, team practices ect ect. this was one of my favorite things about 2k5 francise but they should have made the effects more long term

If I have a guy that Im making gain weight(or lose weight to slim down) to bulk up I want those weight changes to be longer lasting then just one week. What do yall think?
Old 02-24-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

This would be great. If you draft rookie QB it should take him awhile to start plus if the do Dynasty mode correctly where you might have rookie holdouts, the long they are out they longer it will take them to learn the playbook..
Old 02-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
Co-sign.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Definitely one of the best things I liked about HC 09. It was logical and made the whole enterprise feel less like a video game.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I like this idea too.

I think it adds a nice layer of depth and realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »