Home

Make rating count!

This is a discussion on Make rating count! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Make rating count!

No game is perfect Madden is no exception ,but for all the things that bothers me what bothers me most is how cosmetic the ratings are. They add ratings at every position every couple of years. Truth be told they could add a dozen rating at every position ,but if the fail to implement these rating in game those rating wouldnt effect the game at all. I was excited like most when i heard they were adding more QB rating ,but if they remain as cosmetic as the rating we already have then this will be another disappointing year.

Last edited by nexdawg; 02-25-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Make rating count!

Yea but good times.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexdawg
No game is perfect Madden is no exception ,but for all the things that bothers me is how cosmetic the ratings are. They add ratings at every position every couple of years. Truth be told they could add a dozen rating at every position ,but if the fail to implement these rating in game those rating wouldnt effect the game at all. I was like most when i heard they were adding more QB rating ,but if they remain as cosmetic as the rating we already have then this will be another disappointing year.
Are you talking about the OVR rating or the individual ratings?

Are you saying a guy with 97 speed isnt quicker than a guy with 85 speed?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Are you talking about the OVR rating or the individual ratings?

Are you saying a guy with 97 speed isnt quicker than a guy with 85 speed?
Speed is the only rating that count. Do you play Madden? I think the ratings that are cosmetic are obvious. See Apex Teddy No Ankels
Old 02-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

Speed isn't the only one that matters. Throw power does, injury does, kick power does, throw accuracy does but you need to really expand it to see, there are a few just not nearly enough
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 01:08 PM   #6
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Speed isn't the only one that matters. Throw power does, injury does, kick power does, throw accuracy does but you need to really expand it to see, there are a few just not nearly enough
What OP is saying is that aside from the obvious speed, throw power, throw accuracy and a couple others, the ratings do not affect gameplay enough. For example, a wide receiver with 90 route running runs basically the same routes as a wide receiver with 50 route running. Apexisfree did a video showing how agility doesn’t rating is just cosmetic. Warning: if you watch the video you might either cry or throw stones at EA’s Tiburon building in Orlando. Here is the video on the agility rating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBltCqsFs0A

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 02-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

Wow..I knew the ratings meant nothing but.....wow..and just think..now they are "adding more ratings to the game"
Old 02-25-2009, 05:56 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I agree, ratings need to mean something. We need more emphasis on players that are playmakers making plays. This really hasnt happened in madden. It seams like my 3rd string DB's make more INT's then the best DB on the team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »