Home

Are New Cameras Really A Technical Challenge?

This is a discussion on Are New Cameras Really A Technical Challenge? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 18
Are New Cameras Really A Technical Challenge?

I ask this question in all sincerity and respect to EA. How hard is it to put new camera angle options into a game like Madden?

Im certainly not a game developer so perhaps I just dont see why more camera options are not or would not be included in Madden 10. Im NOT talking about cutscenes and cinematics. Im talking about plain old gameplay angles. I cant imagine this taking up much disc space either since its not "content", but rather a few pre-programmed viewpoints that use the game's engine to show off the game in real time. Madden has a strong graphics engine IMO (I know that is debatable for some - but lets leave that aside for a minute). Isn't adding new camera's simply anchoring/assigning locations within your environment to follow the ball?

Im really missing those sweet TV Broadcast angles from last-gen Madden and 2K5 specifically. EA, could you please comment on the difficulty in putting cameras at the appropriate angles to simulate what we see on TV. Is there more to it than my simple mind is conjuring?

Last edited by johnprestonevans; 03-19-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Are New Cameras Really A Technical Challenge?

I want to know about this too. I'm really curious to hear the verdict. Is it a framerate situation and/or rendering issue? We're all kinda baffled about this thing.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

As I've said before, the lack of camera angles could very well be a deal breaker for me when it comes to madden. I really don't care for the action cam, and the classic cam is even worse.

If camera angles are brought back into Madden 10 then I don't really need to know why they haven't been there bfore, but if Madden 10 still forces us to use only one camera angle then I would definitely want an explanation.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
As I've said before, the lack of camera angles could very well be a deal breaker for me when it comes to madden. I really don't care for the action cam, and the classic cam is even worse.
I agree. Camera angles are going to wiegh huge on my purchase decision this year. I just wonder why Madden remains the only sports game with virtually no camera options. I hope Ian or someone at EA can comment if there are big technical issues preventing this kind of authenticity.

Last edited by johnprestonevans; 03-19-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 49

No custom camera= no purchase from me!

That should have been done years ago, and the first thing done by a team who is trying to get Madden on the right track. If it cant get in until 2011, then thats when Ill come aboard the new Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 06:08 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25

I don't think you guys have any reason to worry about this. I'n pretty sure we'll be getting the options we've been wanting in this regard for Madden 10.

If I recall correctly, this was something (along with accl clock) that almost made it into Madden 09...so, I'm sure you can rest assured that you'll see this in 10. It'd be more of a surprise if it wasn't in actually.

I don't have a verbal confirmation by anyone from EA on this however.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:21 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I agree with Gilly. This almost made it into DLC last year.

I miss the wide view, long view, sideline view, broadcast view.

College football is ready to drop a surprise soon regarding cameras. Let's hope it's different camera views.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 49

CUSTOM VIEW is what is needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »