Home

Touchdown celebrations

This is a discussion on Touchdown celebrations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Touchdown celebrations

I feel that this also needs to be reworked..definately not one of the bigger issues..but still a problem at the least...There are four things that can be added to perfect this.

1. There is no such thing as a solo touchdown celebration..maybe one man celebrates more than the others..but at the end of every touchdown the player is guaranteed to leave with a headache while also feeling partially violated(slaps on the butt and slaps to the head).

2. Crowd reactions need a boost..they improved last year but this is still by far one of the dumbest crowds..You can tell when somebody is wide open for a catch down the field so they need to act like it. Just off of these two features alone will make touchdowns very worthwhile.

3. Mocking 2k..(in a good way) If players are clear cut definately getting in the endzone..they can start slowing down as they get to the endzone..This mostly is needed for cpu AI. unless your desean jackson..you should know where the endzone is.(dissin my own wide receiver..I hate me).

4. All players arent chad johnson..Not everybody wants to dance..Stop having Marvin harrison do the soulja boy..This is another feature that would have an impact to personalities on the field..In franchise mode you might want a team that just gets the job done without all the extra stuff. You should have that option.

And most of the time..All these features are implemented in the same play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhBMgtg1dMM

agree?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Touchdown celebrations

What I like you point out here with number 2 is if im not looking downfield and I hear the crowd pipe up a bit(don't overdo it making them go nuts) ill take that look down field trying to hit the open man.

Also what I would like to see with crowds is when a touchdown is scored and there is a flag the crowd still stays crazy but tones it down while the call is being made and depending on the call (in favor or against) I want to hear the crowd react to the officials call.

I'm also with you on number 4, I don't want to see Jason Witten doing any stupid dance, I want to see him getting congradulated from other players and walking off the field.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
What I like you point out here with number 2 is if im not looking downfield and I hear the crowd pipe up a bit(don't overdo it making them go nuts) ill take that look down field trying to hit the open man.

Also what I would like to see with crowds is when a touchdown is scored and there is a flag the crowd still stays crazy but tones it down while the call is being made and depending on the call (in favor or against) I want to hear the crowd react to the officials call.

I'm also with you on number 4, I don't want to see Jason Witten doing any stupid dance, I want to see him getting congradulated from other players and walking off the field.
I couldnt agree more..and you are right..when the crowd gets hype..it would make you wanna make the big play as well.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 17

Agree 100%
Old 03-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
I feel that this also needs to be reworked..definately not one of the bigger issues..but still a problem at the least...There are four things that can be added to perfect this.

4. All players arent chad johnson..Not everybody wants to dance..Stop having Marvin harrison do the soulja boy..This is another feature that would have an impact to personalities on the field..In franchise mode you might want a team that just gets the job done without all the extra stuff. You should have that option.
I totally agree! Jason Witten scores and he just taps players on the helmet, maybe hugs Romo a bit and walks to the sideline, In Madden He does this Disco Dance thing and its just *face palm* Its bad. Same thing when he makes a big play, he starts shaking his hands like hes crazy When he should just walk back to the huddle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699

Lol i didnt see this before i posted! I knew i wasnt the only one that hates how Witten acts!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #7
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

With the players showing emtions this year. I think they should have some rating to gauge how emotional player get something simple like from 1 to 5 1 are players who never celebrate to 5 the showboats of the league.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm with you on that one. When I think of celebrations, I think of what Fifa 09 did last year. You have manual control over your celebrations, as well as the option to skip into a cutscene where your teammates come and celebrate with you. Plus you can feel the crowd participating in the players' celebration. Something like that would definitely add to the level of immersion in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »