Home

Superstar mode suggestions

This is a discussion on Superstar mode suggestions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-29-2009, 08:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Superstar mode suggestions

I know a lot of people would prefer an improved franchise mode than a better superstar mode. Personally, I love this mode and I have a few suggestions that could really make a difference in Madden 10.

1. Being automatically the starter when you start your career is ridiculous to me. For exemple, I was a RB and San Diego drafted me. On season opener, I was the starter and LT was only playing on 3rd downs.

Copy what Madden 09 had on current-gen : the "Earn your spot" feature where you have to work your way up the depth chart based on practise and game performances. Team expectations would also be great.

2. Make it WAY harder to get into the Hall of Fame. Use a list of achievements the player has to make during his career. Exemples for a RB : run for at least 10,000 yards, 5 or more seasons with 1,000 yards or 150 career TDs. This would turn Superstar into a more challenging mode and it would finally be worth playing on a long period.

What do you guys think about that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Superstar mode suggestions

I agree. I should not have 100% progress to the HOF after 6-8 years, especially seeing as I was a Tight End.

We should also have more interaction with teammates and coaches. MLB 08 had this down where the coach gave you monthly goals and your playing time depended on how well you completed these goals.

I'd also think it would be pretty nice for us to help negotiate our own contracts depending on how much talent your current team has and how much they need you on their team.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

See the Show 09.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardine117

1. Being automatically the starter when you start your career is ridiculous to me. For exemple, I was a RB and San Diego drafted me. On season opener, I was the starter and LT was only playing on 3rd downs.
I'm not so sure about this. I think it should depend on what team drafts you. If you're drafted by a team with an elite RB (Chargers, Vikings) then you should have to work really hard to take the starting spot. If you're drafted by a team with a good, but not great RB, then you should be able to earn the starting spot a bit easier if you perform well. If you're drafted to a team without a solid starter, then you should be allowed to start immediately (ex. Matt Forte for the Bears, Flacco/Ryan for the Ravens/Falcons).
Old 03-29-2009, 10:28 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

and see Be a Pro NHL 09

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 38

We FIFA be a pro
Old 03-29-2009, 10:43 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

If the team has good depth in the position you play you shouldn't be drafted by them. Only to a team that needs you.
You should drafted by what scheme a team runs ex.pound the ball alot. Pass all the time. Balanced attack. Blitz alot. Cover 2 or Man.
Use Last gen goals. If u have a great first and half year u can easily get in hof. Use the apartment,cell phone, computer and everything else.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:33 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I'm not so sure about this. I think it should depend on what team drafts you. If you're drafted by a team with an elite RB (Chargers, Vikings) then you should have to work really hard to take the starting spot. If you're drafted by a team with a good, but not great RB, then you should be able to earn the starting spot a bit easier if you perform well. If you're drafted to a team without a solid starter, then you should be allowed to start immediately (ex. Matt Forte for the Bears, Flacco/Ryan for the Ravens/Falcons).
Actually flacco wasn't really given the starting job until both of the other QBs were unable to play due to I think sickness and injury if I remember right. Also, I wouldn't have really called ATL/BAL's qb situation solid going without those two going into this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »