Home

SMART business on Ian and Devs part ....

This is a discussion on SMART business on Ian and Devs part .... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
SMART business on Ian and Devs part ....

I forget who originally made this quote, but it was used pertaining to Fred Smith back in 1973(founder of FedEx).

"If you listen closely enough, your customers will explain your business to you"

We all know how successful FedEx has become by giving it's customers what "they" want, and we are now seeing Ian & Crew do the exact same thing for the Madden series. VERY intelligent move on the part of EA to allow this, and I'm guessing we'll see vastly improved games because of it.

Can't wait for M10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: SMART business on Ian and Devs part ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I forget who originally made this quote, but it was used pertaining to Fred Smith back in 1973(founder of FedEx).

"If you listen closely enough, your customers will explain your business to you"

We all know how successful FedEx has become by giving it's customers what "they" want, and we are now seeing Ian & Crew do the exact same thing for the Madden series. VERY intelligent move on the part of EA to allow this, and I'm guessing we'll see vastly improved games because of it.

Can't wait for M10
I really want to post something cynical here, but I just can't.

I agree.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:

Can't wait for M10
Amen. I am super stoked for M10.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 04-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Can't wait for M10
This is a good point, but like fedex we have seen the final product, and they have been solid for years.

Now with EA yes I agree its looking very good, but we honestly still have to hold judgment till them game is released so we can see what the final product is like. Like you I feel very confident, but I cant compare EA to fedex yet till I see the following.

1.A solid product (Not perfect cause thats not being realistic.)
2.Every year after this one involving the community for every Madden.
3.Also eliminating the exclusive license. (Fedex doesn't have one lol, UPS is still around )

Fedex continues to be solid cause UPS is solid, and they compete, but both still do very well cause of great service.

Can EA really do everything like Fedex with the 3 things I mentioned above?
In 5 yrs ask this same question.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
This is a good point, but like fedex we have seen the final product, and they have been solid for years.

Now with EA yes I agree its looking very good, but we honestly still have to hold judgment till them game is released so we can see what the final product is like. Like you I feel very confident, but I cant compare EA to fedex yet till I see the following.

1.A solid product (Not perfect cause thats not being realistic.)
2.Every year after this one involving the community for every Madden.
3.Also eliminating the exclusive license. (Fedex doesn't have one lol, UPS is still around )

Fedex continues to be solid cause UPS is solid, and they compete, but both still do very well cause of great service.

Can EA really do everything like Fedex with the 3 things I mentioned above?
In 5 yrs ask this same question.
The ONLY aspect of FedEx that I'm comparing to EA is the fact they both went out to their customer base and sought out necessary changes that would enhance their service/product. To this point EA has already proven to be successful. They have incorporated numerous ideas that came directly from their interaction with this forum.

Now we just have to wait and see if the new "upgrades" work as advertised .... but either way, EA has already earned much more respect from me based on their interaction here. If Madden 10 ends up being horrible, no doubt we'll all call them out, but at this point I would be a bit surprised if it's not a significant improvement over Madden 09 ..... and assuming they continue with this interaction, annual improvements should be much more noticeable compared with previous years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #6
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7

what have you asked for thats in madden 10? so far, nothing ive asked for has been revealed. hopefully they will be later on
Old 04-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #7
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

This new approach by EA/TIB, of being and staying in touch with it's most loyal of customers...I think will prove to be a win/win situation.

I've pretty much always believed that the difference between the casual and more dedicated Madden gamer really isn't very much. I could very well be wrong [been wrong a million times] but I think 99% of people want/expect Madden to be as realistic as possible.

And it seems as though our wishes, and EA/ Tiburon's goals are getting closer and closer this year.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0B0
what have you asked for thats in madden 10? so far, nothing ive asked for has been revealed. hopefully they will be later on
It's not necessarily what "I" have asked for, but what the "majority" here have asked for.

Simply read through the various blogs that have already been posted and you'll see a whole host of upgrades, additions, and enhancements that are included in Madden 10. The new "adaptive AI" is the biggest so far imo, and also keep in mind that according to the Dev's these are the small upgrades with the more significant announcements yet to be made (around draft time and beyond).

Look, it's real easy to sit here and whine about how Madden has sucked for ?? years, and I agree it has definitely taken several steps back over the past few years. Having said that, it's pretty obvious the current team has a much greater focus on making a game that will provide a better sim experience (what most of us want). If you don't agree, fine, don't buy it. To be honest I have no plans of pre-ordering it myself ... but I can pretty much guarantee I'll have it shortly after the early release .....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »