Home

An idea for the battle between the lines

This is a discussion on An idea for the battle between the lines within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Lightbulb An idea for the battle between the lines

My idea is similar to how the defense can spotlight a receiver. What if the offense could spotlight a defender. You could spotlight the DTs, DEs, and LBs. Possibly even CBs...? And when you spotlight them, the offensive linemen on that defender's side could focus more on him. And obviously, if you spotlight him too much, then other holes may open up.

This may be a risky tactic to use, but it could be especially useful for when the QB keeps getting pressured by one side of the defense.

This probably won't get into madden 10, but i think it would be a great addition in madden 11

So what do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: An idea for the battle between the lines

There should be a blocking assignments menu, much like defensive assignments, that allow you to double team a lineman or linebacker all game.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
Rookie

IGetBiddies's Arena

OVR: 5

Thats actually not too bad of an idea, as long as they don't make it the huge focus feature of the year. I think in a sense, you can already address stopping a dominant DE or a blitzing LB by shifting the line to his side. I don't understand how effective this could actually be if whoever you spotlight isn't blitzing? D-line yea but if you spotlight a LB that doesnt blitz and they all drop into a zone, what would happen?
Old 06-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGetBiddies
Thats actually not too bad of an idea, as long as they don't make it the huge focus feature of the year. I think in a sense, you can already address stopping a dominant DE or a blitzing LB by shifting the line to his side. I don't understand how effective this could actually be if whoever you spotlight isn't blitzing? D-line yea but if you spotlight a LB that doesnt blitz and they all drop into a zone, what would happen?
Well that just creates a whole new strategy on the defensive side of showing blitz, but then dropping back into coverage/zone.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

I think proper playcalling away from such defenders would be the more realistic approach to this situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 05:54 PM   #6
Rookie

this is a really good idea imo
Old 06-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #7
Rookie

Who Dey15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccormi
I think proper playcalling away from such defenders would be the more realistic approach to this situation.
+1
Old 06-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccormi
I somewhat agree with you. This is true on run plays, but what about pass plays? Are you going to scramble away from that defender each pass play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »