Home

Have the next gen sports game met your expectations?

This is a discussion on Have the next gen sports game met your expectations? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Have the next gen sports game met your expectations?

I'm not trying to be negative or anger the madden and sports games fanboys. If you dont have a problem with any of the games made for next gen then thats great. I just have to state my opinion here. That I am pretty disappointed with the next gen games. It has been what 4 years almost and there hasnt been one great sports game for the 360? Can maybe some of the developers enlighten me on what the problem is? Is it lack of funds? Lack of staff? I just dont understand what happen to my beloved sports games. The games were amazing on the ole xbox.(Obviously I mean they were amazing at the time they were made. They cant really compete with the next gen graphically atleast.)

Look at the fps games like cod4 and halo 3. Those games are amazing. They are fun and can be played over and over. I just dont see the same level of greatness with the madden series or all of the other sports games on the 360. I just havent had one sports game on the 360 that I could call my own. A game that I could say this is mine! I love sports and I love to play them on the 360 yet I feel this void inside. A missing void inside caused by lack of a great sports title for the 360.

I know a lot of people feel the same way as I do. They are forced to play the current sports titles not cause they want to but because they have to get their fix in. Even if the title doesnt do it for them. They have to play. Ea sports knows we have to get our fix in. I just only ask that they deliver THEE fix for this upcoming madden game. I just want a great sports game so bad. I havent seen on one the 360 yet and am so disappointed.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Have the next gen sports game met your expectations?

Make it a pole.

My answer in no.

So, far not worth them money I spend on the system. But maybe this year will change it....
Old 04-27-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just want the fluid movements and control of last gen to match next gen and I would be happy.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
Make it a pole.

My answer in no.

So, far not worth them money I spend on the system. But maybe this year will change it....

Looks like its too late to make it into a poll. This could be better though so we can get to see the complete thoughts of people instead of people just clicking no and not saying why.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 19

Simply put...No I'm not satisfied
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #6
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Basketball Games = Exceeded my expectations. College Hoops 2K8 is the best sports game I've ever played...and I don't even watch or like college basketball; that's how good this game is.

Football Games = Not even close...Every year since being on "next-gen" I've traded-in the 360 version of Madden for it's "last-gen" counterpart; and I've enjoyed "the last-gen" version more each time.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'd be lying if I said yes. Honestly, it's not even close.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:40 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 11

No.

Plain and simple, no.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »