Home

SUPERSTAR MODE IMPROVEMENTS

This is a discussion on SUPERSTAR MODE IMPROVEMENTS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-29-2009, 02:44 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: SUPERSTAR MODE IMPROVEMENTS

i gotta agree to, get rid of superstar mode. it has all the potential to be a great mode, but not as great as online or franchise mode...

can it please and get us some neat presentation stuff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 02:46 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
..... I once remember Tony Romo having a 7int game.
this kinda did happen this past season, i believe he threw 5 picks but somehow still won the game!
Old 04-29-2009, 05:33 AM   #27
Rookie

burne's Arena

OVR: 6

I think everyone who wants it gone has a greatly exaggerated concept of how much "space" it takes up. Assuming you mean disk space and not development time, what video, audio, images, or textures are in the game just for SS mode? I can't think of anything significant off of the top of my head. The rest is just code and text, neither of which are significant in terms of storage.

That said, I like superstar. It was unplayable last year but then again so was the whole game so so what. It has amazing potential, but I know it won't get much love this year. However, the fixes to the core gameplay itself should trickle down and make SS much better. My biggest gripe with it is that when it was created, they spent time developing crap like the horribly broken "Influence" system rather than interesting mechanics for things like working your way to a starting spot if you're a back-up, trade rumors, etc.

God, I can't believe they actually wasted the time and effort to make 40-yard dash and bench press minigames. Take THAT crap out. That actually does involve its own textures and models.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:31 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 13

I like it, and if done right, it could be amazing. As it is, I think they should take it out unitl they are ready to do it justice. Right now, its a waste of disc space. I cant see this game getting a whole lot of attention for the next 2 years, so take it out for now, and put it back later.

I cant imagine anyone enjoys the game as is.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:25 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm one of those gamers who gives Superstar mode a shot every year. I rarely play online except to play the occasional game against my friends and I usually only start a franchise after first playing SS mode.

That said it seems to be the only section of the game without any sort of direction. I don't know that Ian has even mentioned it in the past year. With modes like "Road to the Show" and "Be a Pro" out there, the dev team has a wealth of inspiration.

If I could make improvements I would:
  • completely remove the influence points system. I understand the idea behind it but it's not implemented right
  • scrap the whole calendar system. It makes the mode feel tedious and monotonous.
  • use a week-to-week system where you have a set amount of time units that have to be distributed among categories like conditioning, film study, rest, etc. How you distribute points gives you certain small boosts from week to week and as you become more experienced and/or older certain categories carry more weight than others. For example a young player would need more time in the film room than an older player who needs more time to rest and recover from the previous week.
  • in addition to the distributed time from week-to-week you occasionally have random events that force you to choose between giving up some time in one of your distributed time categories and hanging out with some teammates or doing a photo shoot. Little things based on the type of player you are and how much of a superstar you may be.
  • presentation-wise there should be some type of interview or press conference after every game. More so after you have a big game or when you're the big star on the team.
  • how you respond during press conferences, how you respond to weekly events, and how you perform on the field has an effect on how you're perceived by the fans, your teammates, management, and the league. One answer could give you a huge boost among fan support and in turn cause an opposite reaction among the league. These factors combine to affect contract negotiations, trades, random events, etc.

I really could go on and on about how I think Superstar could be improved but I doubt anyone wants to read an essay on my ideas for Superstar mode improvements. I, however, would love to hear that SS mode will be getting some love in future versions of Madden.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:37 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

I agree that if this mode is as broken as in 09, it's better to just delete it. It is simply useless the way it is. But an improved (and playable one) Superstar would be a huge plus for Madden 10.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:44 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEAR17
Nice ideas

Gonna get ripped for this comment but....

I wish they would just eliminate superstar mode
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

ROFLMAO ahhhhh...

I love superstar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnygunny
I love superstar

Superstar doesn't seem popular enough on OS to warrant a thread from the devs but I hope we get some new info @ E3.

Can any devs who may be lurking in this thread confirm that at least SOME improvements have been made to superstar mode this year? The way some of the posters on here rail against SS I'm worried that it might have been taken out entirely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »