Home

My vision of Madden and all other sports games- please comment thank you- Blitz

This is a discussion on My vision of Madden and all other sports games- please comment thank you- Blitz within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2009, 08:42 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
My vision of Madden and all other sports games- please comment thank you- Blitz

I think at some point (before I get too dam old! wait, I'm already too dam old! haha) they create real leagues ran by a commissioner. I vision a full online draft of created players to be drafted to the real NFL teams and the only way you are able to be in the draft is from playing with your created player properly online. You will receive a ranking (grade) at your position which will let everyone know how good you are at that position (similar to be a pro in NHL).

For example, as a commissioner, you may want to draft two RB’s to split playing time and keep players fresh and free from injury. If you get injured and don’t have a replacement then a CPU player will have to step in and you will have no control over him. I also vision various training drills that will allow each player to compete against others at the same position (like the combine). This is where each commish will be able to watch via spectator mode and then send an private email or note to that person to let them know his interest. Maybe he can promises him a starting job at CB or at least 2 qtr’s of playing time. Every commish will have their teams webpage where all the players can go and view online to see what positions are filled and where they think they can get the most playing time at. The players can also send a note or private email to a particular commish to show their interest in his team.

You can assign three captains for your team; 1 offense-calls plays, 2 defense-calls plays & 1 special teams-calls plays. These players along with the commish are allowed to join in a spectator mode to watch (from the 50 yard line in the stands) there upcoming opponent play their game. Their CPU controlled players will then get a ratings boost if they scout these games. The commish can also hit a button to save a various play ran in that game to his hard drive for his team to view on their webpage.

Also, every time the commish calls for a meeting, practice or when it’s game time you have to sign in and then you get points/grades for how often you are participating. If the commish is seeing his FS is never attending meetings, practices, scrimmages against a CPU team or games- then he can release him and pick up another FS who is waiting in the Free Agency pool.

Plus, the camera would be relative to each person’s player and TV as well!

Perhaps it could cost $20 to enter the draft or better yet when you get drafted to a team you have to pay $20. This will help those who never show up to events hence getting released and losing their $20. The winning team could then split all the money in the pot! That is $20 for every player signed to a team!

I think this will take fantasy football to a whole new level and people of all ages would be interested in something like this. Eventually it could be so big as to have real sponsors who actually will pay money to the players that get drafted! Goodbye Madden Challege Cheesers and hello to a real NFL draft leagues that only SIM ballers can compete in. Could you see it now, your last name on a jersey playing QB for the Pittsburgh Steelers with your mug shot on all the banners being displayed through-out the game! Watch these games live online via your computer!

Don't forget to show up for practice because your captians will have the ability to alter your teams playbook to add a few custom plays!

Can you imagine the communcation on the head sets! Draw! Pass! Ah Sh*T haha

One could dream right!

Blitz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: My vision of Madden and all other sports games- please comment thank you- Blitz

A MMO football game, someday…
Old 05-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: My vision of Madden and all other sports games- please comment thank you- Blitz

interesting..
Old 05-06-2009, 09:04 AM   #4
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Thats sounds real sweet. I'm sure it will happen. I say maybe around the time the new consoles release in 2011.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 38

Onlyne franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #6
Pro

Online Franchise I think is the first step to getting where my vision of online play can happen. I personally am not a fan of playing with my home team (the Steelers) with different players from other NFL teams. When I use the Steelers, I want to play with the current rosters.

However, when growing up- as with millions of other children, I wanted to be a professional athlete. Needless to say that dream didn't happen. I think that and along with the love for sports games is why this vision would be huge for many arm chair Qb's.

You actually have a chance to earn a spot on a real NFL team made up of other players that earned it as well. The thing I like is that there will be no real NFL players in these leagues. They are either CPU generated or they are a real person who got drafted to that team. I think that adds a level of realism that can not be accomplished while playing an online franchise or even superstar mode.

The fact that through your successful online/offline play, your created player ranked/graded among the best of the online community in your position could be really cool. Also, the anticipation on draft day and who may pick you to be part of their team just seems really cool to me in the virtual world.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 38

So it's kinds like Nhl and there Eashl
Old 05-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #8
Pro

Sort of but think of it as playing all off your offline/online games as say "CB" for the Steelers to gain points/grades so that you will be able to be apart of a Live Vitual Draft. The draft will be made up of other real created players to make up an NFL team. CPU players will fill in the spots that are not User controlled.

You could then go online and sort "CB's" and see how you rank against other created "CB's" in the game. This will give you something to shoot for if you want to be drafted to a team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »