Home

Post by EA Dev "Anim8or" regarding changes to M10 ...

This is a discussion on Post by EA Dev "Anim8or" regarding changes to M10 ... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #97
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: Post by EA Dev "Anim8or" regarding changes to M10 ...

reading over my last post, it seems a little harsh but here is where my frustration lies... hope i can get some light shed on this.

i know Ian's group is not responsible for the previous maddens, but why has Ian not had ANYTHING good to work with up to this point? the poor guy has to not only fix, but answer to mistake after mistake of previous builds.

i mean, running animations should have been good for years now. they couldn't even get that to look realistic? all the next-gen maddens look like the players run with sticks in their behinds! lol.

does it take community backlash for Simon to realize these running animations need work? apparently, because until we made a ruckus, he and the previous dev. teams were content with those horrible running animations! it baffles me.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:52 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
C'mon. There is definately a cost/benefit here. The cost is some goofy, extremely negative criticism.

The benefit far outweighs it, however. As a result, we get "OMG YOU ADDED COLORED CLEATS AND REFS IAN RULZ!!!!!! U R GOD!!!". Quite ridiculous the praise these developers get for adding things that were in the last gen into the game.

It's all about outlook. If someone is just being unreasonable, don't listen to them. Most of us are grown men here.
Arguable. I would say that a fair share of the people on here are teenagers. At least they act like teenagers.

Personally, I don't see the benefit. The same results could be achieved with wishlists, community days, and the weekly blogs. That way they a) get an idea of what the community wants b) get feedback on the WIP from the community and c) keep the community somewhat informed of the progress.

There is NO way I sit around here putting out little fires of discontent because the community will just keep starting fires to keep me around. Ian must have the patience of a freaking saint.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #99
Banned

OVR: 38

Real talk right now who is simon?
Old 05-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #100
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

I haven't read the whole thread so this has probably already been beaten to death. This animation guy paints the picture that the people working at EA are all thinned skinned. If you criticize their work or their work ethic they go off to their room/office and cry. Instead of facing the reality of criticism they would rather avoid the boards all together. How cowardly is that? It's not like EA is producing a community service here. People are paying money for their products, so they have a right to be critical when they are disappointed. Now don't get me wrong, Ian is great. I hope there are more people at EA like him and less of the people the animator guy described.

If someone was criticizing the work I do I know it only motivates me to work harder or smarter. It's happened before and has made me better at what I do. That's the approach I've taken in my entire career.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

Last edited by deadlyCane; 05-07-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:48 PM   #101
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

there is a difference between criticism and telling someone they don't know how to do their job or they don't take pride in their work.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #102
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
there is a difference between criticism and telling someone they don't know how to do their job or they don't take pride in their work.
Finally someone gets it....

Twitch Stream
Old 05-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #103
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

The above posts are correct. Criticisms are okay. "This animation looks stiff and unrealistic...hey, it should have more x to make it realistic." This is stuff that the devs like to see...Saying "You don't know what you're doing...give the license to 2K" is both annoying and childish. Personal attacks get you nowhere in life...the sooner you learn a little tact and manners, the better.

We were all (or at least most of us) disappointed with 09...animations were part of it...but there was a lot more wrong with that game than animations. So don't say "You should take pride in your work"...because you'd probably break into tears if someone came to McDonald's and said the same to you...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 05-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 4

His point is taken, but he needs to realize that until we actually see a finished product that comes through with all that's promised, then the buildup to 10 is just going to be more marketing BS followed by epic failures at every level of the game. Maybe not fair, but it's how the world works.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »