Home

Post by EA Dev "Anim8or" regarding changes to M10 ...

This is a discussion on Post by EA Dev "Anim8or" regarding changes to M10 ... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 03:50 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Post by EA Dev "Anim8or" regarding changes to M10 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
For example, if you make a product and each time you release it the same product-killing issue is present you may naturally take a harsh view of what that company is doing. When you couple that with past competition or past products from the same company having done a better job and/or not experiencing the same detrimental issues, you'll have a firestorm from a number of users like what we've seen in different spots across the net.
A lot of times developers don't get to make the call on stuff like that. I may be biased but I think it's fair to say that most development teams want their stuff to work and work right. This can contrast with management's opinion that things just need to be functional and work right now.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #114
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Yea - ironic. This guy is whining about some people ragging on his animations - yet this year, with direct feedback form fans, the game is looking better then it EVER HAS BEFORE.

I'm sure that's just a coincidence...

His response is to hide in a cave for 6 months whenever his feelings are hurt... why not talk to us instead of taking things personally?

This other guy sounds like a leftover from the Ortiz philosophy of "just ship it" and ignore customer complaints/suggestions as long as the money rolls in...
Ouch! Simon is a good guy though IMO. I had some conversations with him on the boards about this time last year, and he was open to criticisms I and others had. I was actually glad he responded the way he did to people saying, "Take some pride in your work."

I sort of have a feeling of sympathy for him (go ahead, call me a softy) b/c from the outside, it seems like he's being pulled in several directions. You have people here (Valdarez as an example) telling him to make the running animations more cartoony and dramatic. Then you have a taskmaster like Ian (J/K ) telling him it's too cartoony. Seems he can't win for losing LOL.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #115
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Ouch! Simon is a good guy though IMO. I had some conversations with him on the boards about this time last year, and he was open to criticisms I and others had. I was actually glad he responded the way he did to people saying, "Take some pride in your work."

I sort of have a feeling of sympathy for him (go ahead, call me a softy) b/c from the outside, it seems like he's being pulled in several directions. You have people here (Valdarez as an example) telling him to make the running animations more cartoony and dramatic. Then you have a taskmaster like Ian (J/K ) telling him it's too cartoony. Seems he can't win for losing LOL.
Ya big softy......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 6

ill said this once and ill say it again. the community in no way should EVER think they should get compensated for giving feedback and ideas to the developers. lol, stupidest thing i have ever read. be thanful they take the time to come on here and listen to us in the first place. **** outta here if you think they owe you a damn thing, must be out your ****ing mind lololoolol

and on the other side, anim8tor shouldnt come on here if he cant handle the feedback, dont sound likes hes much of a PR guy to me, unlike Ian.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #117
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Hey now, I hope I never used the word cartoony. I don't even know how to quantify that word such that I could accurately apply it as a descriptor for an animation. There just needs to be more movevement/life to the players. My general advise was to exagurate all movements just a little as I think it will make the players seem more alive when played in real time.

Timing is important too, Ian's comment was post-modification. I do like what Simon did with his first pass though. It wasn't perfect, but it was a really good step in the right direction.

For the record, what exactly does cartoony mean???

Last edited by Valdarez; 05-07-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #118
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
For the record, what exactly does cartoony mean???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
exaggerate all movements just a little...
You answered your own question...If you're exaggerating the movements, you're detering from realism. That's what I consider cartoony.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #119
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
if it does, your mother is not raising you correctly.
I wish it were that simple, lol.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #120
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
The above posts are correct. Criticisms are okay. "This animation looks stiff and unrealistic...hey, it should have more x to make it realistic." This is stuff that the devs like to see...Saying "You don't know what you're doing...give the license to 2K" is both annoying and childish. Personal attacks get you nowhere in life...the sooner you learn a little tact and manners, the better.

We were all (or at least most of us) disappointed with 09...animations were part of it...but there was a lot more wrong with that game than animations. So don't say "You should take pride in your work"...because you'd probably break into tears if someone came to McDonald's and said the same to you...
This is a great post. Thank you!!

I honestly think Anim8tor did a good job with the animation in 09. Compare it to 08, 07, 06. Its freakin night and day. Granted they were 30fps except for 08 on 360. The sheer number of animation, and the typed of animations were leaps ahead of the previous next-gen games.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »