Home

Make up Speed!!!!

This is a discussion on Make up Speed!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Make up Speed!!!!

People, I am sorry if this sounds like the beating of a dead horse but I am so tired of having a wide open WR and to get caught by a corner or safety that either bit on the PA or was user controlled and was playing at the LOS and running around in circles. I over throw the ball intentionally and these dudes just still jump up without even looking for the ball and knock it down.

Then what makes this even worse is the fact that the ball will be tipped and a DB that has teleported to help picks off the tipped pass when he should not have even been in the picture to begin with.

Its soooo frustrating playing this game online when this happens and knowing that it shouldnt. I see everyone react to the person I'm throwing exactly when I hit the button to whoever I throw it to but they jump the routes before the ball is even released sometimes.

There is no such thing as a constant down for down nano blitz from any defense I have ever seen in my life and most of this comes from much smaller players compared to those they're manned up against. Its such a play that is overly abused in this game due to the lack of double teams and how easy it is to cram those big LBs thru the LOS and they not even lose a step in speed or momentum when they're busting thru the LOS.

I know fily and Ian have probably put this to rest, but it kills me when i play in organized games and tourneys and people use these tactics and feel its not cheating even if there team hase never been capable of getting mor than 10 sacks combined on the year but yet they come out and sack you before the QB has a chance to make his drop backs. This ^ happens sometimes depending on the situation revolving the game more than it should.

I am so sick of the at will QB scramble from the moment the ball is hiked and the way its abused to get people open is tiresome to say the least. How in the hell does a QB direct traffic with his back turned and turn around and throw the ball exactly where it should be. I get the usual after most games of being called names and such just because I dont see the realisticness of there game play. Its like the moment the QB takes off running even when i'm in a QB contain formation someone is always open or the QB escapes and takes off down field or he hits a wide open RB that was running a flat route and then took it str8 up the field with no one covering him and my OLBs is just sitting there waiting on the QB to make a move.

LBs cover too much field in too quik of time, if you have ever noticed how you have someone doing a crossing route over the middle of the field and the LB is underneath your WR by what seems like 5-6 yards if not more and you throw press the button to hit that WR and all of a sudden the LB picks it off while he has been looking at you the whole time. But thats not it, just watch how he floats back far enough to make the play when he was closer to the QB than he was the WR that was behind him far enough to make a play to that WR.

Or how about your coverage breaking down when it shouldnt?

Has anyone ever noticed how your cover 3 or 4 is defenseless when you have those QBs that scramble and for some reason that post route is always wide open. But when you run a normal type of play without the BS it seems like the field is being covered the way it is drawm up when you select it from the play call screen. There is no way plays should work effectively if the defense sees the BS coming to begin with.

The speed of players on the field is unreal and I think even if you did slow them down it would still have the same effect. I have a video and I would like you guys to point out what is wrong with this scenario.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/5526226
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 16
Re: Make up Speed!!!!

Preach!!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

LOL, nah man i am just frustrated at how MY favorite past time is being treated by these online bums.Way too many shooters out there and no one like to fight head up (know what I mean) anymore and take there beatings.

Its really funny funny when you go to other madden social sites and its always someone there who thinks he can slip in and cheat people without them even knowing there being cheated. So that goes on for so long until that individual runs into someone like me and then all hell breaks loose.

I just want everyone on a level playing field and to finally get rid of these cheaters that plague online play with there numerous online names until they achieve a record they could floss like its bling bling or a fine women they would never had a chance in getting.

I am so tired of playing the COWBOYS all day long online and there's hardly any vaiety of teams online except for those teams with mobile QBs and most of them arent even that mobile like there used online but its being used as a crutch.

Whats so messed up is, is that I use the 49ers (thats my dawgs) and I dont even send pressure to QBs at all for them to warrant a reason to take off runnning like that but its just shows me the COWARD in my opponents who feels threatened.

There is no skill in cheating and running the same 3 plays over and over again or running the clock and I dont know who started that.

But the main thing I would like to see gone is the "tourney style" gameplay like I have talked about in the first post and touched on in here. That is not a real style and I would like to eliminate this as soon as possible and have everyone on a level playing field.

One more thing for now,

The MADDEN CHALLENGE needs to make people play with there favorite teams, its sad to see people playing against eachother using the same team like they did in the madden nation championship game. That was just crazy stupid to me and just didnt make sense.

If people had NO CHOICE but to play the game the way it was intended then I think it would be a more civil online game.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Online, people will do almost anything to add a win to their stats. It's ashame that you were a victim of the "chessers" online.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Ahem, Recovery* speed. lol

I hear you on this. Some guys have GREAT recovery speed. But sometimes I get a guy all alone on play action and have him get tackled RIGHT as the ball gets to him.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Besides some of the all-around gameplay flaws that Smoke pointed out, it's just another example of gamers letting the folks online dictate their enjoyment of the game.

Much of the stuff you pointed out shouldn't happen regardless as the gameplay should be designed to smother all those cheap tactics. But being familiar with Smoke's post from the EA Forums, you pull your hair out on a yearly basis b/c of what someone did online.

Let me say that I'm on your side . But, at what point does the gamer assume responsibility for the situations you put yourselves into online? You know what you're getting yourself into when you enter that realm.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
But, at what point does the gamer assume responsibility for the situations you put yourselves into online? You know what you're getting yourself into when you enter that realm.
This unfortunately is what it comes down to. You know its going to happen. Theres no avoiding it unless you completely stop playing online or only with a select few you trust.

People will cheese in Madden 10. People will cheese in every Madden that will come out. I guess you just have to avoid it as best as you can.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:28 PM   #8
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
This unfortunately is what it comes down to. You know its going to happen. Theres no avoiding it unless you completely stop playing online or only with a select few you trust.

People will cheese in Madden 10. People will cheese in every Madden that will come out. I guess you just have to avoid it as best as you can.
True words my friend.

I just find it counter-intuitive (well maybe not for feedback purposes) when guys experience a cheese-fest online and come to the forums with a rant that sounds like, "DON'T PLAY TRIPLEXXX, HE'S A CHEESER!! OMG EA, FIX THIS CRAP!"

This is my thing; for years, there have been fundamental flaws in the gameplay. Roll and chuck obviously is a much-talked about example. So while I agree the gameplay again should be designed to curb that tactic, it seems some want it eliminated period. I'm not too keen on telling anyone how to play the game they paid 60 bucks for.

People seem to forget that Madden appeals to a very large fanbase, much of which are kids and teenagers. They don't give a damn about playing sim-ball and at that age, I didn't care either. I just wanted to have fun, and much to the chagrin of OSers, abusing exploits are fun for the younger crowd.

Again, my position is the gameplay should be designed to help curb some of the unrealistic stuff. We gotta keep things realistic. But say 'roll and chuck' is fixed; what are you going to do to stop players from selecting the Vikings and Adrian Peterson to abuse the run game? To stop players from playing with the Cardinals just to have the advantage of Fitzgerald? It's always going to be something that's exploited. It happens in all of the sports games that I've played online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »