Home

Old 03-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Playbooks

Everyone post some formations that you are sure that your fav team ran durring the season so that thay have a better chance at getting put in the game..

Atl Falcons: Full house

they ran the full house to close out games....I saw 3 games on tv and they ran this when inside the opponents 30 yard line to work the clock down and score......Im very sure they ran the full house durring the 2nd game vs the Saints if any EA develpers need something to go off of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Playbooks

The steelers 1 wr 3 te 1 rb set
Old 03-01-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Dolphins use the Wildcat
Old 03-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Broncos running more of a spread offense... I think things will be different though because of McDaniels coming aboard. But more 2 TE and 3 WR sets, or more shotgun formations period in the DEN playbook (not asking for anything ridiculous like the 16 in the NE playbook)
Old 03-02-2009, 12:52 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

49ers

empty backfield bunch

* I hope this code option works...

Code:
o             oo□oo   o
       o        o   o   o

or

o       oo□oo   o
o               o   o   o
if the team started out in regular single back bunch and the HB went in motion * note, the HB DOES NOT ALWAYS become the inside WR. Many times the HB moves in motion PAST the WR covering up the tackles.

They got into this formation in various ways, sometimes straight out of the huddle, sometimes involving shifts and motions, but they used it A LOT, at least once in every game, I believe.

And here is one that needs to be in the West Coast Offense playbook that has never been there (oddly, it never is, but the 90s niners used it all the time [I know, cuz I have a sheetload of games on DVD ])

Code:

o                 oo□oo                o
o         o              o

o

EDIT here is the formation that already is in the game:

o                 oo□ooo
o         o              o

o

See the difference?
Notice how this is similar to a formation found in the Chiefs playbook, I think, but on the right side you have a WR split WIDE instead of a TE! This formation was used all of the time in the two minute situation with the 90s 49ers, but it isn't in the West Coast Offense playbook. Needs to be.

EDIT- Proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3FY8...eature=related

Couple more things about the West Coast Offense playbook.

Have every conceivable split back formation available- i.e. NOT just one or two! That was the MAIN formation!

Two, have variations of the single back formations in which the running back is offset to either side.

Three, allow for the TE and RB to be in every eligible position as a substitution option.

Four, allow for WRs to be in the backfield as a substitution option.

I got a ton more, lol, but these sugesstions would make me happy if I saw them in the game! Thanks all.

Last edited by 94niners; 03-02-2009 at 04:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 01:17 AM   #6
Rookie

Not to be a pessimist, but this thread will have 0% net influence on the formations included in the game next year.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 03-02-2009, 01:48 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS-One
Not to be a pessimist, but this thread will have 0% net influence on the formations included in the game next year.
You never know...."If it's in the game it's in the game"....If I remember correctly last year EA said that they were making the PBs off of what the real life team counterparts ran during the season....And plus this thread is just to get your voice heard. And it should be early enough in the playbook building phase that if EA hears something they like they will check it out and MAYBE change some things.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #8
Pro

PHI ran a lot of screens and shovel passes......as im sure you all know

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »