Home

What Madden Needs to Do!

This is a discussion on What Madden Needs to Do! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
What Madden Needs to Do!

1.What they need to do is stop having these defensive backs magically smelling the ball as it approaches them and slapping the ball while looking at my receiver's back.
2.Plus, they need to get these fat linemen to start blocking instead of watching me get sacked or hit every play. Why is madden 10 the first madden with a pocket? An "old game" had a pocket 5 years ago.
3.And what happened to running the ball. The defense always finds a 90 speed boost out of no where to catch me (all pro and up). When Vince Wilfork can catch Willis magehee slap me in the face to wake me up.
4.How come when i press finese move like the freakin madden tells me, i magically get paralyzed and cant get up until the play ends?
5.The user team pass defense is terrible. It's like they want you to be every player at once.
6.Why cant i clear cap penalties when i want why do i have to deal with the ridiculous salary of Alex the Trash Smith? Madden 04 had this feature
7.Why cant i trade future draft picks?
8.Whats up with the 40 yard dash? Its horrible.
9.Where are the little cut scenes between plays that i use to enjoy when a coach lost a challenge in 2k5 or i picked off Brady and saw him cry on the bench?
10.Where are the HALFTIME SHOWS not halftime five replays of me being sacked?
11.They really need to bring back training camp mini drills.

12.Why do receivers still watch the ball hit them in the face and ricochet into the fat DT's hands?
13.I love when I am one pick away from the top QB on the board and the Steelers or Patriots pick him before me.
14.How do the refs appear and disappear between penalties?
15.I love when 5'11 Zach Thomas can super jump 6 feet to deflect a pass conveniently into tank Johnson's baby bottom soft hands for the INT.
16.There should be news, holdouts that effect ratings, actual contract negotiations not just pressing "sign player" and hearing "This deal was like pulling teeth". Random injuries like Plaxico slipping in the tub or food poisoning.
17.Where is player progression? Madden 04 ha it so every 4 weeks players would have rating boosts or falls.
Old madden games are better in presentation and the overall feel of the game. The crowd should boo and cheer according to the game not random sequences, and you should see them wearing a player's jersey and even the jersey of recent traded players or their team as in the "old game". Use your ESPN lisense, I want to hear chris berman and his stupid nicknames for players as he shows the week's highlights on sports center. Lets make a rivalry game feel like a rivalry game some aggressive shoving and fighting maybe even as ejections changing the game dynamic. Lets get some personalities. Show Eli looking disappointed all the time a Phillip rivers yelling at the other team when he is up by 21. How come i can only hate TO when he scores? lets see him trash talking the corners during a drive.

They release the same game every year since Madden 07 the trash animations, the bad superstar mode, the bullsh*# blocking, the non existant sidelines, the dull atmosphere. The Black hole in oakland shouldnt feel like a disney movie it should get my heart pumpin. But because clowns like you (and me) keep buying the game (more for the rosters more than anything else) they figure lets keep releasing madden 07 with new player models and they get that money regardless.

Here is an idea EA and Tiburon, how about we spend some of our ridiculous profit from madden and hire a few developers from Visual Consepts. By off their programing and use their gaming engines. Combine maddn and 2k gaming engines and fine tune until you have the complete gaming package. Dont give us this "we need a year to build a new engine to use the euphoria technologies" stuff. All you need to do is take this madden 2011 year off, release a downloadable content for rosters and other bad gimmicky modes for 2011 and build the game that everyone knows you could. If only 60 dollars weren't so attractive in the millions.

If its in the game, Madden ain't seen it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: What Madden Needs to Do!

...yea or just keep doing a fantastic job like they have been mr. one-post
Old 06-09-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

So you went onto OS but instead of reading any threads, you go straight into posting a topic where many of your suggestions have already been adressed. Additionally, you criticize EA for not improving the game.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #4
Rookie

turfguy23's Arena

OVR: 10

(never mind, I don't want to get kicked out of OS)
Old 06-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

What Madden needs to do is go work on NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Nearly everything on your list has already been addressed in Madden 10. Why would you make your first post here, an unnecessary one? You evidently didn't bother to read any other threads or use the search feature. Most of this info is even spread all over the internet. Where have you been?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Dude most ofthis stuff has been addressed already. Please do research on this stuff before making a thread like this.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #8
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

Dude, ummm just Dude
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »