Home

More Physics Issues Madden 10 vid vs NFL 2K5

This is a discussion on More Physics Issues Madden 10 vid vs NFL 2K5 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: More Physics Issues Madden 10 vid vs NFL 2K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vols/bravesfan
This is why I am passing on madden this year.
then what are you doing in the forums? besides, YOUR BUYING MADDEN lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 07:23 PM   #106
MVP

OVR: 22

You all know and remember how in NFL2k5 when a defender blasted the ball carrier..not with a tackle but with a straight bum rush hit..the ball carrier would litterly fly 5 yards in the air before actually coming to a complete stop.... you all remember that right?.....right? I remember when i played on D hitting a guy that would fly past the first down marker..it would bug me sometimes but yet i still enjoyed the game so much... how ironic, that was not even close to real life physics but yet the game still rocked

But yet, myself and the majority of you guys still loved the freaking day lights out of NFL2k5....right?.....right?

My point made, no videogame is perfect and even if the videogame is not perfect it can still be highly enjoyable like NFL2k5 was.

So even though i can say this until my face is blue in the face to some hard heads in here....JUST ENJOY THE GAME FOR WHAT IT IS... madden 2010 will be a huge improvement from last year. Those that say they arent buying it...then please stop posting in these madden forums because all your doing is trying to ruin the excitement the rest of us have simply because something in your brain is stopping you from being excited about Madden2010.

Im sorry if you cant accept that fact that madden wont be perfect...but until you can show me a videogame thats perfect...your argument is MOOT!!

Last edited by Moegames; 07-03-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #107
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Only he's said it about 100 times in 10 different 10 minute videos. And the evidence he presented was a little iffy.

The thing in Madden replays is that you can't tell if a player is being user controlled. It could have been 2 humans doctoring a play to look good on a highlight real.

There isnt anything iffy about it. You guys just need to open your eyes for a change. Ian has done alot of great things with Madden this year and then they still release garbage like this. That TRON jogging and hugging on Pro Tak needs to go. Animations and physics on the PS2 version of Madden look wayyy better than next gen. They have this amazing technology in front of them and this is the best they can do with their running animations,thats pathetic!!!!

Everything else is looking alot better,still some things need to be tweaked,but overall the rest of the game is looking solid. I think next year will be the year for real football cuz I cant imagine Ian would leave those animations there again with alot of people complaining about them. People shouldnt look like they have sticks up their arse while running and players shouldnt be hugging each other on every gang tackle. Someone should come in and lay him out while he's being grabbed. All this hugging is getting out of hand
Old 07-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #108
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

lol @ tron jogging becoming a part of all of these stans' vocabularies. it's hilarious.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #109
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by creed200569
There isnt anything iffy about it. You guys just need to open your eyes for a change. Ian has done alot of great things with Madden this year and then they still release garbage like this. That TRON jogging and hugging on Pro Tak needs to go. Animations and physics on the PS2 version of Madden look wayyy better than next gen. They have this amazing technology in front of them and this is the best they can do with their running animations,thats pathetic!!!!

Everything else is looking alot better,still some things need to be tweaked,but overall the rest of the game is looking solid. I think next year will be the year for real football cuz I cant imagine Ian would leave those animations there again with alot of people complaining about them. People shouldnt look like they have sticks up their arse while running and players shouldnt be hugging each other on every gang tackle. Someone should come in and lay him out while he's being grabbed. All this hugging is getting out of hand

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 07-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #110
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by creed200569

Hugging and Tron Jogging, some of Apex's favorite terms that are now famous. Do you know that Ian isn't in charge of the running animations? Simon Sherr (Anim8or) is in charge of that. The community already approved the running animations prototype which is what we're getting, but Ian said the "Tron Jogging" issue is probably because some people captured the game on slow speed. Unfortunately Simon was run off by some people who decided to use personal attacks. He hasn't been here seen since that dreaded running animations thread.
Also, the running animations aren't garbage. Why don't you ask yourself if you would rather better running animations over 80% of the rest of the stuff that was added this year. It's all about time management. I really felt like doing the face palm thing that Kane did after reading your post.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #111
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
These replies puzzle me. The guy is telling the truth and bringing something to the attention of the people and you guys really don't think it's important?
I'm "Apex'ed" out. All the vids are pretty much the same-----2k5 and APF got it right, Madden got it wrong.
Ok, I get it. Newsflash-----2k isn't coming back, and as of so far, neither is APF. The constant comparisons are just getting to be a bore to me. Ian and co. have made huge strides this year, but it seems nobody cares. "It's still not 2k5-ish". Fine. Then keep updating 2k5's rosters and you'll be set. (Ironic, though, that "updated rosters" was the main complaint in Madden, lol)
I myself am finally going to buy Madden on release day; what I've seen so far is more than enough to convince me to do so.
As some have said, it's a video game. You want realism? Unless you strap on a helmet and hit the field yourself, you probably won't get it.

*Disclaimer* This isn't directed towards anyone in particular. The use of the word "you" is nothing personal. Thank you.

Last edited by Segagendude; 07-03-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I'm "Apex'ed" out. All the vids are pretty much the same-----2k5 and APF got it right, Madden got it wrong.
Ok, I get it. Newsflash-----2k isn't coming back, and as of so far, neither is APF. The constant comparisons are just getting to be a bore to me. Ian and co. have made huge strides this year, but it seems nobody cares. "It's still not 2k5-ish". Fine. Then keep updating 2k5's rosters and you'll be set. (Ironic, though, that "updated rosters" was the main complaint in Madden, lol)
I myself and finally going to buy Madden on release day; what I've seen so far is more than enough to convince me to do so.
As some have said, it's a video game. You want realism? Unless you strap on a helmet and hit the field yourself, you probably won't get it.

*Disclaimer* This isn't directed towards anyone in particular. The use of the word "you" is nothing personal. Thank you.
You are dead on with this. Good stuff.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »