Home

All you guys abused it now its gone

This is a discussion on All you guys abused it now its gone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
All you guys abused it now its gone

Wether its the receivers,TE,backs, or QB all are dependent on the OL to get the job done.
However for years on madden this aspect of the game came under little to no influence by you. For your years the Cpu dictated how line play was going to be. However for us football guys that changed first with slide protection, now you can counter the blitz, overloads, and get creative when came to inventing your protections for certain plays simulating real football.
However something was still missing and that was the juice in the run game.In real life how often you see where the difference in a productive run play or a defensive stuff is a key block, or second effort

In madden the computer seemingly having set times to disengage defenders from blockers it made the running game tough to utilize since your line will never block the same way consistantly even on the run plays against the same front. A part of it is that you don't want the run game to be too dominant as a flaw design.

Theres nothing more frustraiting than the fullback missing a key block that I could have made, or needing only 1 yard up the middle just to be stuffed and thinking dran all I needed was for the center to cut the nose, your tackle not sealing to the outside but instead the inside and you right into the defender.

Then came a great innovation on the PS2/XBOX last gen
The leadblocker control, as usual people bitched and complained like the vision cone about a feature they could have easily turned off. The control was great you tune the camera to your leadblocker or not. You had the ability to power block,cut, turn left or right and hold. It changed the running game for the better especially with the improved AI, there was depth in the running game now. The ability to cut certain defenders who are too powerful to block gave new strategic elements to the play at the LOS.
Unlike its clummsy transition to next gen, the LB was not abused but well balanced, a skilled user understood angles, matchups and the type of blocks needed agains't certain defenders thus creating a prolific rushing attack, and this hellped remedy the play a LOS.
Finally the player had control as the LOS.

Unfortunately the NG leadblocker was unbalanced and clumsy and abused by many which ultimately led to its absence in this years madden. Yes I know it can be turned off, like the vision cone, but that wasn't enough, it had to be tooken out. People said it was unrealistic, when it comes to the Las gen, I ask how?

You don't want to make the key block with a linemen, of FB like in real life you rather haev the FB just run up field and let the linebacker hit you in the back, yes thats very realistic

Hopefully they retune it for next gen and it comes back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: All you guys abused it now its gone

I agree it should have stayed in the game. I never used it because i felt the game was more challenging with ought but it could be turned off so there was no need 2 get rid of it IMO.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

If it was abusable that's a problem with the design and something that the programmers need to fix. And your post is quite insulting insinuating operation sports members abused this feature.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

don't worry in 5 years we'll hear about a real big future their putting into the game called lead blocker
Old 07-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

It took you 4 paragraphs to say "Lead Blocker"

A) Learn to type & communicate better
B) The Computer Ai should dictate the success rates of blocks, look at 2K Football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #6
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

I thought it was well balanced on last gen. It actually made it fun to play OLinemen because you could run a rushing play true to life. It also made it fun to play MLB because you actually got to plug the hole instead of fighting through blockers all the time.

But like you said, the next-gen version was sloppilly crafted, and it focused mainy on Impact Blocks. But, instead of fixing it and adding to it, they listened to the whiners who were never able to use it, and took it out. Just like they did to QB Vision...
Old 07-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL10
I thought it was well balanced on last gen. It actually made it fun to play OLinemen because you could run a rushing play true to life. It also made it fun to play MLB because you actually got to plug the hole instead of fighting through blockers all the time.

But like you said, the next-gen version was sloppilly crafted, and it focused mainy on Impact Blocks. But, instead of fixing it and adding to it, they listened to the whiners who were never able to use it, and took it out. Just like they did to QB Vision...
That's not true.

There was a poll conducted and an overwhelming majority said take it out.

Did you vote in the poll?
Old 07-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #8
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears2040
It took you 4 paragraphs to say "Lead Blocker"
Use the C&C method, OP - clear and concise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »