Home

We should blame the EA execs rather than the developers.

This is a discussion on We should blame the EA execs rather than the developers. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
We should blame the EA execs rather than the developers.

Hello all...

I've been monitoring these forum boards for a while now and I've noticed that a lot of you don't like Madden NFL for a lot of reasons. That's understandable. I am not too fond of the game as well but there isn't much else to do right?

Anywho, I was looking at some vids of the latest ones and for some reason, I was not impressed. It may be due to the fact that Madden '09 really pissed me off or that I'm just tired of Madden NFL as a whole. But what came to mind was that we blame the developers over and over and over again. I think we're blaming the wrong people. These dudes behind Madden NFL are very talented. Their job is to program videogames. That's it! What we forget to notice is that they're given 10 months to make a football sim. With that much time, there isn't much you could do. You're asking for these guys to make a game that simulates human reaction in 10 months... Do you know how long that takes??!! C'mon guys...

I'm thinking that if the devs had 2 years to start from scratch... Madden NFL would be unstoppable year in and year out. All the greatest games of all time weren't developed in 10 months. Can you imagine if Sony forced the guys behind the Gran Turismo franchise to make their games year in and year out? No! It wouldn't be as popular as it is today. Look at the Need For Speed series as an example in comparison to Gran Turismo... exactly. BUT... look at the Burnout series. It's guaranteed platinum whenever a new edition comes out. It's because the people behind it aren't forced to make every year.

So... should we blame the EA execs or the developers? I say the execs. They have the devs under a contract to make a game in 10 months to be released every August. With that said, I'm sure these guys recycle a lot of stuff and have little room to make any huge improvements. EA doesn't care. Madden NFL is guaranteed to go 3 to 5x platinum every single year. With that kind of guarantee, I'm sure ethics and modesty are thrown out the window.

Until there is a huge problem with the sales of the game (which is the only thing the execs look at), expect Madden NFL to be the same every year.

What are your thoughts on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: We should blame the EA execs rather than the developers.

Little early for a negative thread eh? A couple of vids is kinda a rough way to judge a game you haven't played. Especially since it does look so different from 09. I'd like to wait for the release, at least the demo, before I start trying to blame anyone.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I think what you're saying is well written, but ill-timed. EA/Tiburon/Madden are all turning the corner (IMO) and I no longer subscribe to such theories as to why the games have stunk in the past.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

locked..lets wait until the game comes out before these type of threads pop up.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »