Home

Customizable playbooks

This is a discussion on Customizable playbooks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Customizable playbooks

In my opinion this is the one feature i miss the most from the PS2 days. My buddies and i would grind on our playbooks, get together and play all night. This is defintally a feature that would enhance online play on the next gen councils. And on a side note online franchise needs to have free agency to feel authentic. Hopefully these two ideas will be considered for Madden 2011.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Customizable playbooks

I understand why they don't let us create plays anymore, because you can really mess with the AI. But I'd like to be able to go through every play in the game and be able to create my own play book. And you should be able to organize it into down and distance categories, like 1st and 10, 3rd and long, redzone, etc.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Customizable playbooks

I agree. that we should be able to create and edit plays. If they make the game a simulation of real football, then it shouldn't mess with the A.I. After all, in real football they let you create plays.

Hopefully, as the game gets closer to being a real sim, we should be able to create plays and use them online. I think that would be awesome.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Thumbs up Re: Customizable playbooks

As far as I have heard you can create plays (which is as customizable a playbook as one can get) this year but only on ps3 via psp.........however, despite repeated calls for info on this aspect of the game, there are still no at specifics on what will be included from EA at this point (that I have heard of)

For me, this is the main reason for finally getting a ps3 and buying Madden 10 (I usually only play NCAA football but this year they have really dropped off---still haven't fixed the option, etc)

Hopefully Madden's version of create a play will be much more feature laden than it was in HEAD COACH 09 (which was a good start but you should be able to have your entire playbooks be user created). It is a good sign they brought the producers from that game over to Madden this year though (finally people who actually know football rather than just flash in the pan features)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »