Home

We're Not Expecting A "Perfect" Game

This is a discussion on We're Not Expecting A "Perfect" Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
We're Not Expecting A "Perfect" Game

For all you people who get mad at us for giving feedback on the game, you really need to stop using the "Nothing is perfect" excuse.

Nobody is expecting for a perfect game. Nobody is asking for a perfect game. We are asking for a decent, realistic simulation football game. We are asking for a game with physics. Unfortunately, that's not what Madden 10 looks like right now. I'm sorry.

Madden 10's presentation is nice, but what about the gameplay? Refs are finally in the game, cool, but what about tron jogging? Ben talks on the phone before an offensive possession, alright that's nice, but suction blocking is still there. Kickers warm up before late field goals, nice, but what about time shift tackling? They added Extra Point, great, but why is Pro Tak making everyone hug the ball carrier?

Why aren't we allowed to expect a simulation football game? 2k did it 5 years ago for the PS2 and regular Xbox, why can't EA do this for the PS3 and Xbox 360? It doesn't make any sense.

Mods you may as well can ban me for criticizing madden. Then you can gloat about it and spell my name out in your posts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: We're Not Expecting A "Perfect" Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicknam4
For all you people who get mad at us for giving feedback on the game, you really need to stop using the "Nothing is perfect" excuse.

Nobody is expecting for a perfect game. Nobody is asking for a perfect game. We are asking for a decent, realistic simulation football game. We are asking for a game with physics. Unfortunately, that's not what Madden 10 looks like right now. I'm sorry.

Madden 10's presentation is nice, but what about the gameplay? Refs are finally in the game, cool, but what about tron jogging? Ben talks on the phone before an offensive possession, alright that's nice, but suction blocking is still there. Kickers warm up before late field goals, nice, but what about time shift tackling? They added Extra Point, great, but why is Pro Tak making everyone hug the ball carrier?

Why aren't we allowed to expect a simulation football game? 2k did it 5 years ago for the PS2 and regular Xbox, why can't EA do this for the PS3 and Xbox 360? It doesn't make any sense.

Mods you may as well can ban me for criticizing madden. Then you can gloat about it and spell my name out in your posts.
I completely agree there are many issues when it comes to how players move. They are running like they are at top speed all the time. Notice in 2k they accelerate and are low to ground while turning and moving behind blocks. Also there is less walking on ice in 2k. 2k8 has problems but the player movements are much more accurate to real life. Also in Madden 10 they run like robots and turn instantly like its the n64 era. Watch 2k8 from the side and then Madden 10. Its obvious what looks like real football. Don't lie either. Madden feels very cheesy to me.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would be disappointed if you got banned or this thread got closed. If it does, then they should make two sub-forums. One of positive feedback on Madden 10 and one for negative feedback.

I still can't believe Apex got banned for spreading. the truth.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlord64
I completely agree there are many issues when it comes to how players move. They are running like they are at top speed all the time. Notice in 2k they accelerate and are low to ground while turning and moving behind blocks. Also there is less walking on ice in 2k. 2k8 has problems but the player movements are much more accurate to real life. Also in Madden 10 they run like robots and turn instantly like its the n64 era. Watch 2k8 from the side and then Madden 10. Its obvious what looks like real football. Don't lie either. Madden feels very cheesy to me.
Good Lord man why don't you just cut and paste, because you keep saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. They run like robots? Really, first I've seen that come from you.

And by the way, way to be the fisrt guy to respond and quote the original post. As if we didn't know waht you may be responding to.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I wish there was something in place to regulate noobs this time of year. Not speaking to anyone in particular, but noobs are in-large-part making this forum unbearable. I'm usually not the one to hang my hat on one's post count or join date, but I can't ignore the obvious connection.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

I LOVED 2k and never played Madden until this gen....

2K is dead... get over it.

Madden is as good as it gets right now ... you guys think it's all about the devs or EA or whatnot but you want a game that will not be possible until 2-3 generations of computing power are advanced.

there is only so much physics or AI and graphics processing that can fit into the current RAM and processor power of these machines. It's simple math.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I wish there was something in place to regulate noobs this time of year. Not speaking to anyone in particular, but noobs are in-large-part making this forum unbearable. I'm usually not the one to hang my hat on one's post count or join date, but I can't ignore the obvious connection.
I agree, it's because you see the same post over and over again in one iteration or another.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:21 PM   #8
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicknam4

Are these not Apex's catch phrases...amazing how much of a following he has .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »