Home

Madden 10 Ratings ruining the game

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Ratings ruining the game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 10 Ratings ruining the game

Why are guys comparing 40 times? game speed is different from a guys 40 time. CJ is a beast and he should be in the game. He is much faster than Defensive players in real life. AP is a monster back and the best back in the game. I think it comes down to the players skill.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #34
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

The thread is not about the fastest combine times or speed in pads vs. without. I would like to hear if anybody can confirm what the original poster stated re. speed IN the GAME or the goaline D exploit.

Anybody???
Old 08-12-2009, 04:38 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
No.

Some people carry extra weight differently than others. A 4.2 5'7", 170 lbs guy might be slower in pads than a 4.2 6'3" 220 lbs guy because it's more weight to the 170 lbs guy.
exactly. This is a reason not every fast track guy can be good in football, because they don't have the extra weight on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #36
Pro

Wilk5280's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Highly rated players dominate the game? What the crap? Fast players are faster than others? What the hell?

For some reason I think the OP is greatly embellishing his experiences to try and prove a point.
somewhat agree
Old 08-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #37
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
This argument I have never understood LOL. Everybody gets graded on there 40 without pads and when they get on the football field doesn't EVERYONE have pads on? That means he was the fastest without pads and will be the fastest with pads because EVERYONE else is in pads also
There's speed, and there's football speed. By the way, it's been proven that these "times" are so varied and so prone to human error, wind, etc. that they're not "true" times. There was a thread about all this and these 4.19 etc. times haven't been accomplished by the fastest humans in history in track and field, etc.

Jerry Rice coming out of college was considered "slow" by some because he ran something like a 4.6 at the combine. Then on the 49'ers, he was splitting secondaries down the middle, out running corners on fly patterns, catching hitches and taking them to the house. He had "football speed". Some guys get the ball in their hand and they're faster than anything that the combine can measure because they're great FOOTBALL PLAYERS.

Here's an analogy, what good is having the fastest guy on your baseball team playing center field if he can't get a jump on the ball?? The center fielder who pauses a second or takes a wrong step will never get to the ball quicker than the "slow" guy who's moving in the right direction at the crack of the bat. It's a 20 yard dash to the ball and you're spotting the slower guy a few steps, the faster guy will never catch him.

Football, Dick Butkus, known as a brute. In high school his baseball coach said Butkus had incredible "little man" skills, agility, coordination, quickness, he was a big cat. He used those "little man" skills to be a great middle linebacker, he was always "there", he had football speed.

How many potential Dick Butkus' and Jerry Rice's have fallen through the cracks of the combine due to "speed" and how many times they can bench press 235 pounds, etc. I would guess hundreds. If Wayne Chrebet didn't play at Hofstra would he have gotten a chance with the Jets??? Tons of guys who are great football players don't get a chance. Tons of guys with bodybuilder bodies and fast 40 times get repeated shots, they think they can "coach em' up", sometimes they can, sometimes they can't, but the guy who was a late bloomer or dominated at an unknown school won't get a second look, it's not an exact science.

There's a ton of veteran guys in the NFL who if you made them run 40 times today would be "slow", but if they're smart they will make the play 9 times out of 10 better than the young "fast" guy.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAzing87
Angles of pursuit in the game is suspect.
i noticed this in the demo...its almost worst than ncaa 09 (they ran on side of u). in madden 10, your players would run behind the ball carrier and then try to catch him...
Old 08-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #39
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Step ya D game up
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 08-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienekes
Sorry, I am just having trouble buying this. From most accounts the computer still has issues moving the ball well in the rushing game. As far as the goaline d cheese, that is almost laughable.

Consensus seems to be the new ratings are one of the best things to happen to Madden in years.

Number of posts and time as a member always need to be looked at around this time of year.

I haven't heard much about the stellar Raider D lately either...
The new ratings tie in to the slower game speed. There just aren't that many speed guys like in previous games.

I checked out most of the players in the game and there aren't too many of them that stand out to where each category had a high rating. Some WRs are fast but couldn't catch a football to depend on him in critical game situations. Some RBs might have great hands but route running sucks. The few players that comes to mind that stand out are Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, and Larry Fitz.

I will say this one rookie is a beast in the game and that's Maclin from the Eagles. That guy catches everything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »