Home

Im having problems juking please help

This is a discussion on Im having problems juking please help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Im having problems juking please help

Enjoying the game a lot however, I am having a hard time juking the defense. What are some of your strategies? Do you use just the dpad or left stick, or do you use the right stick?

I wish there was a way to customize the controls so I could have juke on one of the top buttons.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Im having problems juking please help

anyone?
Old 08-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

There are several ways to out maneuver the defense in Madden. There is your plain old right stick jukes(left/right and back), the left stick, and the spin move.(not including trucking and stiff arm)

The spin move in madden has mainly been a spin juke. If you have a defender coming in at you at an angle you can try and spin and they will enter a "broken ankle" animation and you will run right past them.

The right stick is now a more powerful weapon. The quick burst juke as many of called it(left and right) will allow you to easily move in tight spaces. It can be extremely useful in open field when you have a blocker in front of you and you run right then use the quick juke to the left. This is have the defender running to the right while you are now going left. The quick juke is also useful in traffic. When I get to the LOS I often find a hole my line is making then quick juke to get into it and take off.

The back juke is hard for me to pull off but can sometimes be useful. I have not used it much and cant explain it well.

The left stick is something new for me to use and I am still trying to learn it. To get the best effects I would go into practice mode with an agile back and do offense only. Run around and get a feel for how it works and what movements will active what.(they are more pronounced when you stop sprinting) Once you are comfortable you can use these "stutter step" movements, try to stutter step an on coming defender then sprint in the opposite direction that he falls for. EX. I am running to left hand side line and he is coming from my right. I stutter step right then left and run along the sideline because he should have bit on the right step(away from the sideline)

Hope that helps some. A lot of the running game is about instinct and it helps to have quick reactions. Try to always put yourself at an angle from the defense. It is always harder to tackle someone at an angle compared to a target that you can square up on.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks man, that helps a ton. Could of used that explanation in the manual.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »