Home

What would you rate Madden NFL 10 so far?

This is a discussion on What would you rate Madden NFL 10 so far? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
View Poll Results: What you rate Madden NFL 10 so far out of 10?
9-10 (Great) 108 31.40%
7-8.9 (Good) 181 52.62%
5-6.9 (Mediocre) 47 13.66%
Any rating under 5 (Terrible) 8 2.33%
Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: What would you rate Madden NFL 10 so far?

I'm torn. I see the effort to improve, and the game and cutscenes look great. But some of the gameplay is so broken. 10 for effort, 9 for looks, 5 for gameplay. That's 24 divided by 3 = a score of 8.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Honestly if it weren't for the broken logic behind offensive and defensive line play, I wouldn't complain much about Madden 10 at all.

Granted, I've found a playbook that lets me go around the broken 3-4 defense play and still get pressure, the fact of the matter is that line play in general is still broken, especially on the defensive side of things.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:14 PM   #11
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I'm torn. I see the effort to improve, and the game and cutscenes look great. But some of the gameplay is so broken. 10 for effort, 9 for looks, 5 for gameplay. That's 24 divided by 3 = a score of 8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænima
I think it's mediocre solely because of the flats being broken. If that was fixed, I'd boost the game to good. This engine will never produce a great game for me though. If this is as far as it can go...it's not far enough.

If I can beat a sports game with one type of play over and over without fail, I refuse to give it anything above a "Mediocre" label. It's improving though, don't get me wrong. This is certainly the best next-gen madden...they are just all disappointments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetique
Honestly if it weren't for the broken logic behind offensive and defensive line play, I wouldn't complain much about Madden 10 at all.

Granted, I've found a playbook that lets me go around the broken 3-4 defense play and still get pressure, the fact of the matter is that line play in general is still broken, especially on the defensive side of things.
If these issues were addressed via a patch update, what would be your ratings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #12
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

This statement right here pretty much sums up my feelings in a nutshell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænima
...This is certainly the best next-gen madden...they are just all disappointments.

Honestly I give it a 6.9, based on all of the hype and things that were supposed to be fixed still being broken. The graphics look very good and the presentation is an improvement over last year, but the gameplay for me simply kills this game. Kudos to those that do enjoy the game, I am happy that you are able to, I simply am not and I doubt I will be even after 2 patches unless the fixes are radical.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 08-16-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:22 PM   #13
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

a 7 for me. this is what madden should have been 3 years ago, i am not going to give props for something that should have already been accomplished.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Honestly I give it a 6.9, based on all of the hype and things that were supposed to be fixed still being broken. The graphics look very good and the presentation is an improvement over last year, but the gameplay for me simply kills this game. Kudos to those that do enjoy the game, I am happy that you are able to, I simply am not and I doubt I will be even after 2 patches unless the fixes are radical.
6.9!! ur being a little irrational
Old 08-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #15
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

I said 9-10 because i was thinking more along the lines of 9.1 or 9.2. This is a great game imo and im loving it, but it could still use some improvement. But the real test of this game for me is after i finish my 1st season. Every other Madden for the past couple of years has let me down in the first off season and into my 2nd season and so on. I have 4 games left in the regular season and it looks like, barring some HUGE upsets (3 of my last 4 games are against the 49ers, Rams & Lions) i will make it into the playoffs. Then its crunch time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #16
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterjt47
6.9!! ur being a little irrational
Your right, 7. How is that irrational? If that is my score, then that is my score. I could easily say the same about those giving it an 8.5 or 9, but I'm not. If that's how they feel about the game then kudos to them.

In my opinion PodSquad's statement hit the nail right on the head, to further his point, there are issues that should have been fixed years ago that still remain present.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 08-16-2009 at 08:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »