Home

FINALLY getting sacks...

This is a discussion on FINALLY getting sacks... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
FINALLY getting sacks...

almost too many now on All Madden and All Pro.....

im controlling the RE or LE....
when the ball is snapped im running into the OL w\o pressing turbo....(dont know if this has anything to do w\ it, just telling you everything I do) im flicking the stick to the outside just once so I dont go into another animation once I get past him. (If I dont get passed him, I adjust accordingly)

Once I get past him im hitting turbo and diving at the QB w\ X once im close enough....diving is the key, it takes the QB out of thier throwing animation that gets rid of the ball at the last second all the time...

just thought id share....I was getting like 10 sacks a game on all pro, I had to turn the difficulty up to compensate...unfortunately I only get sacks w\ the LE and RE, but at least im getting some sacks besides 12 second coverage sacks lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: FINALLY getting sacks...

Once again, it's easy to get sacks while playing as the player. I got 20 sacks with Justin Tuck easily. It's the problem of your AI teammates not getting sacks, due to the CPU QB throwing it away no matter what when they get close enough
Old 08-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven123
Once again, it's easy to get sacks while playing as the player. I got 20 sacks with Justin Tuck easily. It's the problem of your AI teammates not getting sacks, due to the CPU QB throwing it away no matter what when they get close enough
I agree. I just finished my first season with the 49ers. I signed Greg Ellis from FA and made him a LE in my 4-3 defense (I hate the 3-4). I got an NFL record 34 sacks from him on All-Madden. Sometimes I just couldn't help myself since the rest of my teammates weren't getting anything. If they got a sack it was because Ellis made the QB move up in the pocket, allowing a DT or the other end to get him.

As a team I finished with 49 sacks.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6

I'm getting cpu controlled sacks, and I use Denver. I do some funky stuff with my d line, and blitz like crazy though.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Try this from the 3-4 guys. Lots of luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I can get sacks with the cpu out of 3-4 but it depends on the quarterback. Certain quaterbacks are unsackable and always throw it away b4 u get there.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:18 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

Yep the 3-4 is wonky. My d lineman get most of the sacks. Should be the opposite. I switched Denver back to the 4-3 until this gets patched. IF it gets patched.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:30 PM   #8
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
almost too many now on All Madden and All Pro.....

im controlling the RE or LE....
when the ball is snapped im running into the OL w\o pressing turbo....(dont know if this has anything to do w\ it, just telling you everything I do) im flicking the stick to the outside just once so I dont go into another animation once I get past him. (If I dont get passed him, I adjust accordingly)

Once I get past him im hitting turbo and diving at the QB w\ X once im close enough....diving is the key, it takes the QB out of thier throwing animation that gets rid of the ball at the last second all the time...

just thought id share....I was getting like 10 sacks a game on all pro, I had to turn the difficulty up to compensate...unfortunately I only get sacks w\ the LE and RE, but at least im getting some sacks besides 12 second coverage sacks lol
I wasn't having much trouble getting sacks anyway, but wow, this really does work, thanks dude

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »