Home

Idea for bad passes

This is a discussion on Idea for bad passes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Idea for bad passes

Instead of bad passes coming out of nowhere like they do in this game I think EA should implement something along the lines of this:

Everyone knows that in Madden you can use Peyton Manning or Shaun Hill and get similar QB play if you're controlling them. They have stretched out the ratings to make more of a difference between good and bad QB's but sometimes you will get a perfect game from a bad QB with random bad passes here and there with no distiction of when a bad is coming.

SO.....

Whenever a you're going to throw to an open man a pro QB will always hit them.

BUT whenever Manning throws that deep out, with tight coverage, before the WR breaks it off to time it out perfectly Manning usually makes a nice throw. If Shaun Hill tries to make that same throw he'll probably lead the WR too much because he's not as talented enough to make that throw.

SO in Madden whenver you're throwing into tight coverage a bad QB should either make the throw or overthrow the receiver because he has less confidence. But in Madden now you never expect when your bad QB is gonna throw a bad pass, it's usually pretty random.

I hope this makes sense...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Idea for bad passes

I am not sure what level of difficulty you are playing on, but I think they simulate bad passes pretty well. The more power you put behind a throw, and if you are trying to lead a receiver are two things that also intensify the bad throw effect.

I can't stand behind your comment that you can Manning and Hill are equal in this game, because they are not. Can you have a good game with Hill? Well of course you can, but he won't be as efficient as Manning, no matter who is controlling him.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

Have you played the game???

Shaun hill and Peyton Manning don't play the same unless you're playing on "Rookie".
Old 08-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #4
Rookie

OJsakila's Arena

OVR: 5

yea i agree...theres a big difference between good and bad qbs....and certainly if you use the slider feature you can make it so the ball is slipping out their hand all over the feild..over throwing targets by 20 yards...
Old 08-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's_what_she_said
Everyone knows that in Madden you can use Peyton Manning or Shaun Hill and get similar QB play if you're controlling them.
'Everyone knows' ... ??? interesting

I strongly disagree. My first pre-season game of my Pats franchise I couldn't believe how beautifully EA portrayed the difference between Brady and their backups. Different animations, noticeable change in velocity, and the accuracy was night and day. Good job here EA.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »