Home

Let Us Not Forget...

This is a discussion on Let Us Not Forget... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Post Let Us Not Forget...

First post!

I digress. I have a soapbox to stand on here.

Briefly, and tactfully, I would like to extend a reminder (read: attention grabbing slap in the face *straightens tie*) to everyone regarding how fortunate we are to be able to speak with the developers of a game we enjoy so much. Not so long ago--other "not so young" gamers will recall this--we, as consumers, would purchase a game and well, that was it. Play it. Hate it or love it. Regardless of our gripes, pains and horrors, we were stuck with the product "as is". Send a letter to the developers? Good luck. Call the developers and provide feedback? What number...(?) You get my point.

See, the internet has afforded us some real value here; not only do we find problems with our games, but we are able to convey these issues to the developer himself! Now, *most* developers (big name, giant companies, yes you Blizzard, iD, etc.) will gladly receive your comments, but good luck on having them actually appear in a forum full of the clear minority of consumers for a given product--as OS is to the Madden series. To this end, I think we need to step back, focus, wipe the drool and spittle away from our cake mashers, and appreciate what we have. Sure, some of you will scoff at such an idea, citing some sort of entitlement to have the developer acknowledge a small community, but I believe most of you will see the direction I am going here.

Realize that we are able to do something to shape the Madden franchise, an opportunity that will benefit us all in some way. Let's really start putting together some great feedback for Ian and the gang, allow them the proper time to address our issues, and, in turn, allow this community to speak the volumes it is so capable of constructing. This is a great community; constructively, we can make things happen!

*steps off soapbox*

Thank you for your time. I look forward to becoming an integral part of the great community here at OS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Let Us Not Forget...

I agree 100% Here's hoping they don't get run off and we are left yelling and moaning amongst ourselves.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:55 PM   #3
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Well said Rook, Finally a well-off Newcomer. Two thumbs up man.

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 09-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

I'm sorry, but you guys need to remember that they are not here because they want to befriend us and ideally talk to us, but they are here for one reason only: to help sell their game.

I don't think we should be 'thankful' that they are FIXING a BROKEN game. As the consumer, we are assuming that the game is 100% finished. Do you know what patches are for? For fixing problems/glitches in the system. Rarely are patches used to add upgrades.

But I do agree, there is a great gaming community here that knows what needs fixing and what doesn't. Unfortuntely, it shouldn't be our job to find problems in the game and report them to the developers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »