Home

U.S. Madden Launch Month Sales 2002-2009

This is a discussion on U.S. Madden Launch Month Sales 2002-2009 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 22
U.S. Madden Launch Month Sales 2002-2009

Not bad, looking decent, M10 is a solid game and this proves that, credit goes to Donny2112 at Neogaf for the work put into the chart ...they need to get rid of the wii lol..but overall both ps3 and 360 looking good

Last edited by Moegames; 09-18-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: U.S. Madden Launch Month Sales 2002-2009

OK? What does this mean or why should we care
Old 09-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
OK? What does this mean or why should we care
This doesn't even show actual sales numbers. I'm with you...I have no idea why we would care about this chart.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:49 AM   #4
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

It means care more about 360 and ps3 users and forget everyone else

Where are the psp numbers?
Old 09-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

Oh wait I get it

PS2 was selling big, XBOX started to gain sales, 360 came out and was slowly competing but PS2 was still #1, then 360 started to take over the PS2 and slowly PS3 started increasing, PS2 started dropping, Nintendo systems are obsolete in Madden.

Holy cow I think that is amazing. I had never known that the newer systems would be outselling the old gen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 18

This chart explains nothing.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #7
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

So this chart displays how madden sells for each system, I don't see how this shows Madden sales dollars.

Homie Madden isn't selling well. We had a tread here called EA's Boss isn't happy with Sales"
that explained how bad it is doing.

The chart your providing is informing us on the fact of which system Madden sales better on since 02 to 09.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:03 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 22

It explains ALOT.. use your head guys, the people that make these charts are a bit nerdy over at neogaf (hardcore gamers) but it explains alot..its how they make their charts at neogaf all the time for big released games. Let me shed some light.. the sales are in the colored margins.. as you see, this years madden has sold more then all previous current gen maddens for the 1st months sales on that specific platform. Keep in mind, this was created with sales per system..so you gotta sorta use your head a bit with it but its easy to understand by looking at the colored bars.

So please before you rush and say it "means nothing"..it does, it means alot, i guess some just gotta look at it for a bit lol...no offense

You can see how the 360 version of M10 sold more units in this years first month's sales compared to last year and all previous current gen years for their respective 1st month sales..same can be said with PS3's sales..it has also improved this year...now for the wii, it has sold less this year...understand? Its not your typical chart..i know, its probably new to most of you guys but to me..its not and its a good chart ..you just gotta understand it to appreciate its format.

Usually after the 1st month of sales with any big title when averaging out its 1st months sales..usually sheds some light on the overall quallity of that game..im referring to the yearly games that come out each year. By the way, i said "usually" even though madden last year sold decent for its 1st month..alot of people were turned off..but it rebounded this year because of the quality and improvements in M10..there for, in the first month of sales..word of mouth, gamers saying madden is decent,etc that bought it early allowed it to regain some sales throughout the first 4 weeks of being in-store that it probably would of lost if madden10 wasnt much of an improvement over last year..

Last edited by Moegames; 09-18-2009 at 09:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »