Home

QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

This is a discussion on QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #137
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

I've been playing offline co-op for many years, it's how I enjoy Madden every year. Now I'm really enjoying Madden 10 but there is one gameplay issue which I'd really appreciate a patch for;

When playing with Standard Camera, every now and again the camera shifts aggressively to one side. It normally happens on toss plays, WR screens, wide throws etc, and because the camera shifts so aggressively to one side it kills the play and makes it very hard to beat a defender or navigate your player through the holes (because you can't really see what's happening due to the camera shifting). Basically it disorientates the player you're controlling as the sudden screen shift isn't smooth. This only happens in offline co-op but I only play Maddens that way so it means a lot to me and my Madden teammates.

For the first time ever Madden Classic Camera has been removed. Whilst I don't mind the Standard Cam for the main part, I really don't like the rotating camera mid-play (i.e. after the snap during the QB drop back/during a HB draw etc) or the slightly low camera angle which makes it harder to get accurate perspective when you're controlling a safety who's being dragged deep by a WR on a deep pattern.

MY REQUEST
Ideally, I would love to have Madden Classic Camera back, but if that's not possible then a patch for the Standard Camera would be great.

Thanks
Old 10-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #138
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyJim76
why cant madden figure out playoffs properly?
Because they can't?

Look, don't mind me. You paid for the privilege. You paid your annual $70 fee to EA. Question away! All I'm saying is maybe file this experience away for next year, when Madden 11 comes out. You just might save yourself 70 bucks and a bunch of grief.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:56 PM   #139
Banned

OVR: 4

Baa..you are right. And so is everyone else who has questions. Personally, I didn't rush out to get madden this year, and i'll be waiting even longert to buy it used the next time buy a madden game, if I even decide to get it. Honestly, I thing it would be better for the game if they only made it once every 2 years..but realistically, I can only hope others do the same as me and not buy this game every single year.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #140
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by roots3003
you are right. And so is everyone else who has questions.
People have a right to ask questions, sure. The thing with me though is I don't believe any of this. I don't believe that 99% of the questions asked in this thread will be given any consideration. The game is what it is. Does anyone seriously believe an issue like OL Blocking ratings will be addressed? Ratings have meant nothing in Madden for years. That's not going to suddenly change.

I bought NHL 10 this year fully knowing the CPU AI is seriously flawed (rented it first). But the rest of the game is fun, and with a few player edits the CPU AI can be tweaked to work (more or less). But I'm under no illusions. The developers who programmed the game either don't have the skill to fix the AI, or they program the game like that intentionally. They're not going to jump up and fix any of it just because a few people on OS are upset with the way the game plays. Just like Madden, the game sells precisely because it plays the way it does. And EA and their developers understand that.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:47 PM   #141
Raz
Banned

OVR: 2

So Ian requested this thread? good cuz i got a question for you Ian.

Now i know answering questions has not been EAs strongest point and i donīt know why you would put up a thread asking for questions if you never answer the tough one but humor me for ones, ok.

How do you feel about franchise mode as a feature?
Do you want to get rid off it and if not then why you got one guy working on it? and he doesnt even get enough time

Every year there is a blog by devs and they always say that they know that franchise mode is lacking severely but it doesnt matter, it will continue to suck.
Now could you Ian please tell us- Are you even trying to build a good offline franchise mode? I would appreciate an honest answer to this question and would also be able to quit these stupid entrys to forums trying to get contact of you.

Thanks for your time.
Raz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #142
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
People have a right to ask questions, sure. The thing with me though is I don't believe any of this. I don't believe that 99% of the questions asked in this thread will be given any consideration. The game is what it is. Does anyone seriously believe an issue like OL Blocking ratings will be addressed? Ratings have meant nothing in Madden for years. That's not going to suddenly change.

I bought NHL 10 this year fully knowing the CPU AI is seriously flawed (rented it first). But the rest of the game is fun, and with a few player edits the CPU AI can be tweaked to work (more or less). But I'm under no illusions. The developers who programmed the game either don't have the skill to fix the AI, or they program the game like that intentionally. They're not going to jump up and fix any of it just because a few people on OS are upset with the way the game plays. Just like Madden, the game sells precisely because it plays the way it does. And EA and their developers understand that.
Sorry man, I misread ya. I was bitter and thought you were goading people or something.
Yes, you are 1000% right. none of this is ever going to be answered, because they keep quiet and the vocal minority just will go away. They aren't going to say anything negative about the game at all.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #143
Banned

OVR: 2

Hey Ian if u are watching the NE game you can take a break and answer some of the questions here... or not i just assumed that you would actually answer questions you asked for.http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s/lolabove.gif
Old 10-18-2009, 10:14 PM   #144
Banned

OVR: 3

i got a feeling that thread is for show.

heck they got an intern to round up these questions.

we all know nothing of substance will be answered.

the devs know what is wrong. they lurk on this site.

it's real funny cause someone will ask a legit question and the devs will answer the most obscure one in that thread, bypassing the other 3 serious questions that preceded the one they answered.

imo.

it's the culture over there, these guys have been making this game for awhile. all they did was shuffle people around but the culture still remains.

you can't change the culture of things over night, well you could but i don't think ea wants to fire everybody and bring in some new blood.

now with all of that said, i think we might have to wait till madden11 to see where this franchise is going.

if all these problems or most of them are still present in that game then father help us all.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »