Home

Position specific ratings

This is a discussion on Position specific ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Position specific ratings

Most of you have probably had this go through your head at one point or another. Who cares what my WR's man coverage rating is or why does my HB have a block shedding rating? There are so many ratings that do not apply at all to most players, so why not hide these ratings that do not matter and make more position specfic ratings.

For instance, for WRs they could make individual route ratings. A rating for posts, slants, deep outs, hooks, and of course the flag, or the "go deep" route.

Even if they don't expand and make new ratings as I mentioned above hopefully next year they will hide the petty ratings that don't concern certain players and make the ratings that do matter more easily accessible.

For example, a rating for a CB could look like this:

SPD - AWR - ManCov - ZoneCov - Catch - Tckle - Jmp
CB......88........90...........85...........61.... ...65........95

Obviously there are more ratings than that that apply to a CB but we wouldn't have to scroll threw dozens of trivial ones.

Last edited by that's_what_she_said; 10-09-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Position specific ratings

It makes sense, but I think that everyone should have every rating, and all of the non-important ones get hidden. So Antwaan Randle El would have better THP and THA than most WRs but you wouldn't see the ratings (unless you edit the player obviously).
Old 10-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's_what_she_said
Even if they don't expand and make new ratings as I mentioned above hopefully next year they will hide the petty ratings that don't concern certain players and make the ratings that do matter more easily accessible.
Absolutely this. I hate scrolling past my kicker's blocking, passing & ball carrying abilities just to see how good he is at the one thing he actually does.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

A lot of those ratings don't matter all the time, but there are times they do. If you throw an interception your HB's block shedding rating matters. And the defense's players blocking ratings matter as well. Heck a lot of those defensive and blocking rating matter to players you place on kick return and coverage teams. If I am filling out the end of my roster in franchise mode I actually look at tackling, block shedding, pursuit, impact blocking and run block footwork to add good special teams players.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hiding the ratings that do not matter at all or only matters in rare occurances doesn't mean they don't exist. It just means I don't have to scroll through them all the time, that's all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #6
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInSaratoga
A lot of those ratings don't matter all the time, but there are times they do. If you throw an interception your HB's block shedding rating matters. And the defense's players blocking ratings matter as well. Heck a lot of those defensive and blocking rating matter to players you place on kick return and coverage teams. If I am filling out the end of my roster in franchise mode I actually look at tackling, block shedding, pursuit, impact blocking and run block footwork to add good special teams players.
I understand what you are saying, but you aren't going to put one HB in ahead of another just in case you throw a pick, the worse HB will be able to tackle better. Plus we don't have the ability to change our kickoff/kick return players anyways.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #7
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

You should only have ratings pertinent to a players position and his possible position changes. For instance:

RB < -> FB
RB -> WR
WR -> TE
TE < -> OL
DE < - > DT
DE < -> LB
SS < -> LB
CB < -> S
Old 10-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

How about this. Player Management screen shows the full ratings. The Depth Chart shows just the position specific ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »