Home

Looking for guidance regarding franchise.

This is a discussion on Looking for guidance regarding franchise. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2010, 07:11 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Looking for guidance regarding franchise.

Here's the deal. This is my first time actually user controlling all teams in a franchise. I went in and tinkered with sliders, coach schemes, editing players, etc, you guys know the deal.

Now I'm in the off season and I cant continue because some teams caps are too high, or low, or something like that, and its telling me I must release or trade a player. I really dont know how to conduct trades, and if I try to release a player, it tells me I'm short that position on the roster.

Everything is set to CPU control, so I thought the CPU would handle all of that but apparently not, lol.

What am I supposed to be doing? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Looking for guidance regarding franchise.

Hmmm that's odd I've played many times using all teams and I've never had that issue. Make sure that all teams are set to CPU in all categories, also make sure that during the free agent period you aren't just hitting A (X) all the way through because you won't be signing any of the players the CPU wants.

If you're still having problems look for players on the affected teams who have a high salary but a low signing bonus (releasing or trading these players will have limited to no affect on your salary cap next year) or have only one year left on their deal and could become expendable through free agency, and get rid of those players unless you see them as a key component to the team's success for years to come.

What teams are you having issues with?

Last edited by BloodMeridian; 01-17-2010 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Provide more advice
Old 01-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #3
Banned

Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMeridian
Hmmm that's odd I've played many times using all teams and I've never had that issue. Make sure that all teams are set to CPU in all categories, also make sure that during the free agent period you aren't just hitting A (X) all the way through because you won't be signing any of the players the CPU wants.

If you're still having problems look for players on the affected teams who have a high salary but a low signing bonus (releasing or trading these players will have limited to no affect on your salary cap next year) or have only one year left on their deal and could become expendable through free agency, and get rid of those players unless you see them as a key component to the team's success for years to come.

What teams are you having issues with?
Ah, we might have keyed in on the problem. I pressed A through EVERYTHING. You're saying I have to sign the free agents myself? Is there anyway to go back, lol. I think I already saved the game at the start of the 2nd season pre season matchups. I might be screwed.

Thanks for the reply. One more thing, whatever happened to releasing the hall of famers into free agency.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

The first time I controlled all teams I had this exact same problem. The way to get around it is to select the "release player" option when it prompts you, then just release a player who is way overpaid (this can be anyone, just free up some CAP space). Then, you can select "let CPU sign players" when it prompts you after you release that first guy. Then, the CPU will sign everyone for like 300K and fill the roster without anymore problems and you may get a chance to clear their CAP penalties as well, giving them more money to spend. Hope this helps.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
Banned

To be more specific. Its telling me I dont have enough cap room and that is preventing the CPU from filling the roster? There's a couple of teams this is happening with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Ah, we might have keyed in on the problem. I pressed A through EVERYTHING. You're saying I have to sign the free agents myself? Is there anyway to go back, lol. I think I already saved the game at the start of the 2nd season pre season matchups. I might be screwed.

Thanks for the reply. One more thing, whatever happened to releasing the hall of famers into free agency.
They must have taken out the ability to release hall HOFers to FA because it was irreversable if I remember correctly.

You do have to authorize the team to make the signing but you don't have to choose the FA's and make the deals. When you get to the FA period simulate the whole thing and it'll say "Sign player?" and you have to move up and select yes. This allows you to see who's being signed so you can deny and signings that don't make sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »