Home

Your Runningback Tandem

This is a discussion on Your Runningback Tandem within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2010, 10:45 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Your Runningback Tandem

Well in my Steelers franchise in which im still in my 1st season, i have Mendenhall and Parker with Moore as my 3rd down back. Mendenhall is sort of a power type back while Parker is obviously all about speed but he's in the last year of his contract and he's going to want lots of $ so im going to be on the lookout for another speed type of back. Would love to try and get Sproles but he'll more than likely break the bank...
Old 01-27-2010, 11:11 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 5

5th year of my Eagles franchise and finally won the Super Bowl. Had LeSean McCoy (89) and Thomas Jones (86). Jones retired after the season so now I'm just down to McCoy.

Although the real reason I won is because of my passing game. Drew Brees (signed as a Free Agent the year I decided to let McNabb go) and my WR core of DeSean Jackson (94), Leilon Black (92), Jeremy Maclin (88), and Keilan McCray (86) are nasty.

Just drafted Xzavious Hewitt too. So, he should be good in a few years.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:14 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCBeast55
5th year of my Eagles franchise and finally won the Super Bowl. Had LeSean McCoy (89) and Thomas Jones (86). Jones retired after the season so now I'm just down to McCoy.

Although the real reason I won is because of my passing game. Drew Brees (signed as a Free Agent the year I decided to let McNabb go) and my WR core of DeSean Jackson (94), Leilon Black (92), Jeremy Maclin (88), and Keilan McCray (86) are nasty.

Just drafted Xzavious Hewitt too. So, he should be good in a few years.
Wow, sick WR's man. I have McCray also in my chise with the Jets, he is my number 2 receiver, pretty solid WR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 11:20 PM   #36
Banned

Yeah I had him in a Tampa Bay franchise that I took 25 years (still wish I had finished it before I saved over it) and he ended up finishing his career with the 2nd most receptions in NFL history.

He's only my 4th WR now though because of the depth I have. But, I do like to run a spread offense with Brees and McCoy (great pass catching RB) so he sees some time. I gotta get the ball to Brent Celek sometimes too ha. I find it hard to get it to all of them. But, Maclin and Black are FA at the end of this year and I won't be bringing both back.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah I had him in a Tampa Bay franchise that I took 25 years (still wish I had finished it before I saved over it) and he ended up finishing his career with the 2nd most receptions in NFL history.

He's only my 4th WR now though because of the depth I have. But, I do like to run a spread offense with Brees and McCoy (great pass catching RB) so he sees some time. I gotta get the ball to Brent Celek sometimes too ha. I find it hard to get it to all of them. But, Maclin and Black are FA at the end of this year and I won't be bringing both back.
Dam, 2nd in NFL History if receptions? Impressive. I have him behind Tex Mitchell at WR, Tez is something special.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:29 PM   #38
Banned

I've had so many of the 2nd round and lower gem WR but I can safely say I have never had Mitchell. What's he like? Is he tall? Whenever I get a chance to nab Terrance Trunk I make sure I do.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:57 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 13

In year 4 of my Skins chise, I use Blount (93 OVR from Oregon) and a rookie I drafted named Tee Walden (95 speed, 96 agility). He may become the starter soon though, because I always break bigger runs with him.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:07 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
I've had so many of the 2nd round and lower gem WR but I can safely say I have never had Mitchell. What's he like? Is he tall? Whenever I get a chance to nab Terrance Trunk I make sure I do.
Mitchell is like 6'3 or 6'4, he has tremendous speed. Pretty much Randy Moss, that type of receiver. He is amazing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »