Home

What can Madden 11 learn from Super Bowl 44?

This is a discussion on What can Madden 11 learn from Super Bowl 44? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: What can Madden 11 learn from Super Bowl 44?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Yeah, but football plays are called as entire play. Routes are called as route combinations, not a bunch of singularly drawn up routes by the QB.

Peyton may be sending one signal down to Collie and Garcon for instance telling them to run a Curl/Flat combo. One signal takes care of both receivers. Then there is a route combo sent to the other side, along with protection. You're right, there is a lot of communication, I just dont' think it's specific as you're saying.

Half of Manning's antics are a charade anyway--the players know what they're doing.

In Madden every time the QB changes a WR's route, he does communicate it to him. Same with pass protection--there is communication.
Correct
Old 02-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmasked
Even the greatest QB of all-time makes mistakes.
Huh? Joe Montana never made any mistakes in the four Super Bowls he won. (but in all seriousness, robo QB Manning or Brees were not)

On topic:

I agree with the sentiment. The hype is so important, especially for the Super Bowl. Presentation.

Also, though, I think they need to pay special attention to the fact that it is possible to stop the very best offenses from scoring on long bombs every play if you play very conservative defense, like both teams did for most of the night. It should be possible to make even the best QBs work their way down the field if you are willing to sacrifice short yardage for stopping the big play.

Last edited by Nazimod; 02-08-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 7

you guys are pretty much hitting everything on the head. they need to increase the atmosphere big time. Regular season games should feel alot different than pre-season/playnow games. Playoff games should feel alot different than regular season ames, and the super bowl should feel alot different than all of them. there should be a reason why i wanna go to the super bowl, and then win it. it should feel like an accomplishment and when playing the game I just feel like im in the superbowl. presentation and atmosphere are huge, and madden just doesnt have it now
Old 02-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #20
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Id like to see a power walk through tunnels from the locker room out onto the field
Pre-game huddle chants, ie. Brees pumping up the team.

Make the Superbowl have cutscenes, interviews, etc. that we don't see in any other games. Basically make the Superbowl show us things that we just don't see in any other game.

After we win the superbowl, going into the next season, we shoud hear about how our team is the defending superbowl champs(assuming we won the superbowl game), we should see this in our players accomplishments.
Give us a trophy, a banner, or something that makes winning the superbowl worth doing more than 1 time.

Last edited by dfos81; 02-08-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #21
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

they need to accurately depict Peyton Manning's "Happy Feet"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #22
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Pre-game huddle chants, ie. Brees pumping up the team.

Make the Superbowl have cutscenes, interviews, etc. that we don't see in any other games. Basically make the Superbowl show us things that we just don't see in any other game.

After we win the superbowl, going into the next season, we shoud hear about how our team is the defending superbowl champs(assuming we won the superbowl game), we should see this in our players accomplishments.
Give us a trophy, a banner, or something that makes winning the superbowl worth doing more than 1 time.
Have a banner raising/revealing the next season too. so much presentation could be there...
Old 02-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 19

I have a question for us.

How many people play the playoff games and Superbowl?

I do not. It doesn't feel any different than a preseason game. There is no extra incentive to play it.

What could an incentive of playing the playoff game? How bout extra progression for the off season? Maybe bump that "B" rated player to an "A" potential.

Just an idea.

I like alot of the ideas in here
Old 02-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #24
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEAR17
I have a question for us.

How many people play the playoff games and Superbowl?

I do not. It doesn't feel any different than a preseason game. There is no extra incentive to play it.

What could an incentive of playing the playoff game? How bout extra progression for the off season? Maybe bump that "B" rated player to an "A" potential.

Just an idea.

I like alot of the ideas in here

Great idea!
I felt this way when I won the Superbowl w/ the Redskins(84 overall team) and I was expecting the players that performed well throughout the playoffs and the Superbowl to progress more so. Nope, they didn't.
I'm pretty sure when Madden 11 gets finished, the Saints and Colts are going to be 2 of the highest rated teams in the game.

So do the same for us during franchise mode, give our players a bigger ratings boost for doing something when the games counted the most. That would be a nice incentive for me, along w/ the other things I mentioned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »