Home

Hitstick Innovation

This is a discussion on Hitstick Innovation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
Hitstick Innovation

Changing hitstick to where players with 90+ tackle and 90+ hit power are the most effective...meaning players below this requirement run a risk of missing the tackle...they may change the ballcarriers momentum and yes they do still have a chance to bring down the ballcarrier but it's less likely now...I'm not suggestion we completely remove hitstick but I am saying lets hold it to a certain ratings area...that way we can really tell who can lay the boom for certain teams...and cut back on quarterbacks,punters,kicker, and offensive lineman laying the smack down on ppl and causing fumbles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Hitstick Innovation

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
Changing hitstick to where players with 90+ tackle and 90+ hit power are the most effective...meaning players below this requirement run a risk of missing the tackle...they may change the ballcarriers momentum and yes they do still have a chance to bring down the ballcarrier but it's less likely now...I'm not suggestion we completely remove hitstick but I am saying lets hold it to a certain ratings area...that way we can really tell who can lay the boom for certain teams...and cut back on quarterbacks,punters,kicker, and offensive lineman laying the smack down on ppl and causing fumbles

I agree. When I play locally against my friend he uses hitstick with every player trying to make a tackle (kickers, bad DBs, WRs on kickoff coverage) and its far too effective. Poor tackling players, particularly kickers/punters and offensive players trying to make tackles, should not be effective at all at laying the boom on the ballcarrier and causing so many fumbles.

Btw while we're on the subject of the hitstick, is it just me or does anyone else have a response problem when trying to use the hitstick. It seems like every time I try to use it, the controls are slow to respond to my command causing me to completely miss the ballcarrier.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:51 PM   #3
MVP

Molarmite's Arena

OVR: 13

My kicker is one of my best guys at hit sticking on kickoffs. Never misses.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:27 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I agree that there should be more penalty for hitsticking with bad tacklers.

Also, they need to get rid of the "suction effect" that the hitstick has when it triggers an animation and the RB warps into a tackle a good two to three steps in advance of contact.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:35 AM   #5
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

This isn't really an innovation so much as it is 'making ratings matter'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 18

Hit Stick should become the tackle stick, meaning you press the button in the direction you want to tackle low high, and if the situation presents itself where the defender and offensive player is running full speed at each other, or the ball carrier is standing straight up and is stationary, then a big hit should be administered.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 55

If they made big hits more specialized, I think it'd improve that aspect of the game. It'd be more of a coveted attribute. Right now, pretty average hitters can do just fine with hitsticks. In APF a rare big hit from a guy with a big hit ability would be pretty intense because it was HARD to pull off. I'm no hitstick machine like some guys, but when you see the screen shake in situations where you know it shouldn't be a big hit, it kind of loses some luster.

For example, EVERY time I run a drag route across a formation, my opponent is able to over-pursue then run back into my player and pin me in an inevitable hitstick situation unless I dive out of bounds. It gets old. Who knows... maybe it's me not controlling my player ideally or something.

I've seen a lot less big hits ever since I've laid off the sprint in traffic, or when I think a big hit could be coming. It seems to trigger hitstick evasion moves more often.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

Last edited by CreatineKasey; 02-12-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:41 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 26

I've been begging them for years to change the hit stick to a tackle stick. APF 2k8 has a plethora of options for tackling on the RS, it's not just a hit stick but a tackle stick for all situations

RS up tackle high
RS low tackle low
press down on the RS = Hit stick
push RS up and hold in place reach tackle

You couple that with wrap tackles and others you have all scenarios covered. Madden's hitstick is outdated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »