Home

Gus Johnson for Madden 11?

This is a discussion on Gus Johnson for Madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2010, 01:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Gus Johnson for Madden 11?

WE NEED THIS GUY!!! My opinion the greatest announcer in sports, he is so enthusiastic...

An actual preview of what it would be like...

Thoughts???

Last edited by Trooper; 02-11-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2010, 01:22 AM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Gus Johnson for Madden 11!

Think I've seen this post before.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40

Can a mod change the topic title? It's very misleading.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 02-11-2010, 01:28 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoefx
Can a mod change the topic title? It's very misleading.
Yeah sorry about that...I just did myself but I don't know if it will update
Old 02-11-2010, 01:55 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Gus is good for "Big Plays" but overall he doesn't know the "game of Football well". Then again with scripted lines, he could sound good and knowledgeable.

He does Showtime Boxing, he clearly DOESN'T know boxing, as exciting as he makes it sound, he's OFF with his analysis.

If you realize you posted 3 videos with him "screaming at the top of his lungs", what about for regular plays

Gus isn't a bad choice because they can feed him the lines like they do every announcer. Would be nice to break one or "almost break one or a big hit and hear him yell like that".

Overall anything would be better than last year lol.

I like John Gruden!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2010, 02:01 AM   #6
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Gus is one of the worst announcers in sports. Screaming at the top of your lungs for big plays does not make someone a good commentator. I cannot stand listening to anything he does because #1 i cant stand the screaming and #2 he is terrible. College basketball, MMA, NFL, no matter what he does he is flat out awful. Listening to him do MMA is brutal because he knows nothing about the sport. Listening to him do NFL & College basketball is brutal because he is awful for regular plays and then does that screaming at the top of his lungs crap for big plays.

I'd rather listen to Hammond bore me to death than have to sit through Gus Johnson. He's up there with Dick Vitale as one of the most brutal commentators to have to sit and listen to.

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul
Old 02-11-2010, 02:06 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Gus is one of the worst announcers in sports. Screaming at the top of your lungs for big plays does not make someone a good commentator. I cannot stand listening to anything he does because #1 i cant stand the screaming and #2 he is terrible. College basketball, MMA, NFL, no matter what he does he is flat out awful. Listening to him do MMA is brutal because he knows nothing about the sport. Listening to him do NFL & College basketball is brutal because he is awful for regular plays and then does that screaming at the top of his lungs crap for big plays.

I'd rather listen to Hammond bore me to death than have to sit through Gus Johnson. He's up there with Dick Vitale as one of the most brutal commentators to have to sit and listen to.

...Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:24 AM   #8
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4

Out of curiosity, who do you like? And don't say Jim Nantz. "Hello friends. Today I will bore you to death for 3 hours. Then, when this event is over I'll read a scripted line that I feel is poignant to the moment."

Al Michaels is the Cadillac of commentators. I do love Gus' enthusiasm, though.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »