Home

Annoying audible bug

This is a discussion on Annoying audible bug within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2010, 07:02 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Annoying audible bug

I learned this year that I already can't save my flipped audibles anymore, and now the more I learn other playbooks, the more I find out about all the bugs in other plays in Madden 10. For example, if I switch from an identical I formation audible to a weak formation audible, (same personnel and formation except for where the HB lines up) the only thing that should happen is my HB should move a few steps to his left. But instead, in Madden 10, the TE and #1 WR also switch places. ??? Why? Only the Madden devs know I guess. Not only is this annoying as hell, but it now takes about 10 seconds for them to get set as opposed to the two seconds it takes for my HB to move, making the use of the audible with the accelerated clock impossible.

It appears I can't use Weak Tight Pair, I-Form Tight Pair and Strong Tight Pair formations back and forth as audibles or the TE and WR switch.

I've already seen that "WR Flip" doesn't work also with some formations. Oh well. Back to trying to find a bug-free audible.

I guess I should be happy that most of them do work.

BTW, I'd put this in the official "BUG thread" but I don't see it anymore.

Last edited by bomza; 02-20-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 08:58 AM   #2
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Annoying audible bug

So the TE and the FB are switching places?
If that is what you're talking about,just sub in the wr to te and te to wr in the sub area and see if that helps.Maybe if they are already their in the audible bfore you audible,they might not have to move.

Dont know much about that stuff but it might help.

And sorry ,I feel for ya man.One simple move for the HB to make and and everyone goes crazy takin up 10 secs to get set.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 21

I believe that EA needs to make their audible and substitution process smarter. The audibles should always keep players in like positions. I've seen the I-form weak issue your talking about in other formations to -- where the TE should just switch sides on the line, but he runs to WR, then the opposite WR goes to a 3-point stance on the line. Ridiculous.

The substitution system also needs to be smarter. There should be only 1 substititution at any position at a time, with maybe 2 at a time for WR/CB/OL. This way I won't see my kicker playing MLB after my opponent hurries up for 3 plays.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 02-21-2010, 06:27 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
I believe that EA needs to make their audible and substitution process smarter. The audibles should always keep players in like positions. I've seen the I-form weak issue your talking about in other formations to -- where the TE should just switch sides on the line, but he runs to WR, then the opposite WR goes to a 3-point stance on the line. Ridiculous.

The substitution system also needs to be smarter. There should be only 1 substititution at any position at a time, with maybe 2 at a time for WR/CB/OL. This way I won't see my kicker playing MLB after my opponent hurries up for 3 plays.
That last thing you mention can probably be fixed by lowering your auto-sub settings so that your linebackers (or whoever) are almost never taken out to be replaced when they get tired. The default setting is 60 I think. If you want your defense staying in no matter how tired they are just reduce that to about 40.

I noticed that when they took out the ability to save flipped audibles, they also added "smart R-stick" audibles, so that if the play is already flipped when you go to the line of scrimmage, all the R-stick audibles for that formation are also automatically flipped and you don't have to press X and RT yourself. Unfortunately they weren't able to do that for the button audibles, and you do have to press X and RT even if it is the same exact formation, only flipped and saved to one of the buttons yourself.

So maybe this is all a work in progress. But when switching between Weak Tight Pair, Strong Tight Pair and I-Form Tight Pair, I know enough to know that the WR and TE do not have to switch places like they do in Madden 10.

BTW ZoneKiller, thanks, but you're not allowed to sub a WR in at the TE position. But I thought it might work when I first read your post.

And I timed it, and it's not 10 seconds, but rather 7 seconds before the TE and WR switch and get set. Still annoying though when only the HB needs to move.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:03 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomza
The default setting is 60 I think. If you want your defense staying in no matter how tired they are just reduce that to about 40.
I definitely do NOT want my starters staying in no matter what. I want them to substitute.

The current system now is too on/off. Either every LB is in/out the same fatigue point regardless of the roster affect, or they all stay in waaay too tired.

What they need to do is just limit the amount of subs at any given time. For example, if you have your ROLB and LOLB simultaniously reach whatever sub threshold you've set, only one should sub, then when he returns, the sub moves over to the other OLB position.

It couldn't be that hard to implement (I think) but it would help us manage our rosters beyond the severe limitations of the current depth chart and subs settings.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2010, 06:14 PM   #6
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomza
BTW ZoneKiller, thanks, but you're not allowed to sub a WR in at the TE position. But I thought it might work when I first read your post.
Ah my bad.I knew I didnt know much on the subject but when I read your post that was the first thing I thought of.Sorry.Hate this for ya man,wish I could think of something else.Hope they fix this for ya in Madden 11
Old 02-22-2010, 07:23 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
I definitely do NOT want my starters staying in no matter what. I want them to substitute.

The current system now is too on/off. Either every LB is in/out the same fatigue point regardless of the roster affect, or they all stay in waaay too tired.

What they need to do is just limit the amount of subs at any given time. For example, if you have your ROLB and LOLB simultaniously reach whatever sub threshold you've set, only one should sub, then when he returns, the sub moves over to the other OLB position.

It couldn't be that hard to implement (I think) but it would help us manage our rosters beyond the severe limitations of the current depth chart and subs settings.
I totally hear ya. That's exactly what they should do. But the reason I suggested it is because an exhausted linebacker is better than your kicker replacing him who has about a zero chance of tackling anyone.

And speaking of no huddle...

How many years is going to take before Madden fixes the problem that when the computer goes no huddle on you, one of your guys is eventually offsides? This glitch has been in Madden forever. One year they fixed it if you switched to someone else on defense, but it's broke again. Last gen things it seems worked a hell of a lot better and they got most of the bugs out, and then they started from scratch with next gen without keeping their notes on last gen I guess.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

I thought you meant Tom Hammond

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »