Home

The NFL draft and Madden 11 OL/DL interaction

This is a discussion on The NFL draft and Madden 11 OL/DL interaction within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
The NFL draft and Madden 11 OL/DL interaction

I'm getting a bit curious about the OL/DL interaction in Madden 11 after the Baltimore Ravens selected Alabama DT Terrence Cody in the 2nd round.
Quote:
With Terrence Cody next to Haloti Ngata it's gonna be a total eclipse of the sun in Baltimore.
Rich Eisen - NFL Network
I think the combination of those two guys could be the make-or-break-test for OL/DL interaction in Madden 11 as both players will demand double-team blocking on most snaps.

Hopefully we'll see a blog on this topic in the coming months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #2
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: The NFL draft and Madden 11 OL/DL interaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
I'm getting a bit curious about the OL/DL interaction in Madden 11 after the Baltimore Ravens selected Alabama DT Terrence Cody in the 2nd round.

I think the combination of those two guys could be the make-or-break-test for OL/DL interaction in Madden 11 as both players will demand double-team blocking on most snaps.

Hopefully we'll see a blog on this topic in the coming months.

yup, this and franchise is the selling point for me...

If not, Im just going to wait until they put it in...
Old 04-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Completely agree, as far a double teams go I think they should make it based on ratings.

95 or above rated DT- Double teamed 100 % of the time. (If the play allows)

90-95 rated DT- Double teamed 90% of the time

85-90 rated DT= Double teamed 80% of the time

80-85 rated DT- Double team 70% of the time

Below 80- Double teamed occasionally (particularly if the play is set to go right at his gap)
Old 04-24-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
yup, this and franchise is the selling point for me...

If not, Im just going to wait until they put it in...
Franchise mode is also in the top of my list as it's basically the only mode I play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Completely agree, as far a double teams go I think they should make it based on ratings.

95 or above rated DT- Double teamed 100 % of the time. (If the play allows)

90-95 rated DT- Double teamed 90% of the time

85-90 rated DT= Double teamed 80% of the time

80-85 rated DT- Double team 70% of the time

Below 80- Double teamed occasionally (particularly if the play is set to go right at his gap)
I'm not sure OVR ratings is the way to go on this one. Especially since Madden doesn't/can't distinguish between 3-4 players and 4-3 players. But I do think they could use current ratings system and center around a few ratings such as strength, power moves and block shredding to determine whether a double-team is needed. In future versions of Madden attributes like weight and leverage should also factor in.

Ideally I'd just like to see nose tackles take on constant double-teams in Madden and be able to keep offensive linemen from reaching linebackers.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
Franchise mode is also in the top of my list as it's basically the only mode I play.

I'm not sure OVR ratings is the way to go on this one. Especially since Madden doesn't/can't distinguish between 3-4 players and 4-3 players. But I do think they could use current ratings system and center around a few ratings such as strength, power moves and block shredding to determine whether a double-team is needed. In future versions of Madden attributes like weight and leverage should also factor in.

Ideally I'd just like to see nose tackles take on constant double-teams in Madden and be able to keep offensive linemen from reaching linebackers.
Another thing they need to take into account is the abilities of the blocker. if the defensive player has, for instance, around 90s for his strength and dline moves ratings he should draw quite a few doubles if the olineman opposite him is around the mid to low 80s. However, if there is an elite lineman opposite him then he should draw way fewer doubles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

we should be able to control when to double team a player or not, if albert haynesworth is consistantly pushing your offensive line backwards then from the offensive pre snap controls you just set him to be double teamed...

same idea with identifying oncoming blitzers but this is about double teaming d-lineman... basically i don't want the game determining when the other team's d lineman are being double teamed i want to control that myself
Old 04-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #7
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
we should be able to control when to double team a player or not, if albert haynesworth is consistantly pushing your offensive line backwards then from the offensive pre snap controls you just set him to be double teamed...

same idea with identifying oncoming blitzers but this is about double teaming d-lineman... basically i don't want the game determining when the other team's d lineman are being double teamed i want to control that myself
true but you got to have some logic for the CPU..
Old 04-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #8
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
true but you got to have some logic for the CPU..
touche'

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »