Home

the features werent that bad

This is a discussion on the features werent that bad within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
the features werent that bad

Heres some of the features in the past madden series which were actually not that bad, some needed major upgrades but why take these off if they werent horrible to begin with.

2.)Deeper franchise mode where the player's morale affects the on-field performance. It also features the Storyline Central which features all of the stories related to the player's favorite team. (05, 04,)

3.) Tony Bruno hosts his radio show during franchise mode and sometimes coaches and players such as Marvin Harrison, Derrick Burgess, Lamont thompson, Akin Ayodele, Marcus Trufant and a player that was an outstanding performer will call in.(05)

4.) #1 cornerbacks able to play inside and outside on coverage. there was also the Defensive Playmaker which is currently in but was much more effective back than (05)

5.) Weapons(08)

one last thing- since gamplay is the biggest issue in madden n ncaa n it seems like thers no way that my voice would matter lol when it comes to consecutive hit tackles which i would love for that to be implented in Madden 11 can any body tell me that if NFL HEAD COACH 09 and 08 franchise mode was close to the realist football experience when it came to drama, media, draft, and etc. because that brought out what a true franchise should be instead of jus drafting ,playing 16 games a season n signing free agents.

PS. i miss 2k5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: the features werent that bad

Till this day I don't understand how defensive play maker wasn't in Next Gen Madden's. why in the world do we have to have to highlight the player then press directional pad or button to make the highlighted player go into certain coverages? Back on PS2 all we had to do was Press Triangle and the screen would go into a wide view then press either the CB,Saftey,or LB then press down,left,right, or up for different coverages.

UGHHH!!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

there are so many things they have taken out its not even funny, its sad, its worse that they feel they are doing all they can to make madden a good football game
Old 05-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Don't forget slide protection that took two next gen versions to make it into the game. And you left out the vision cone. I hated it at first, and there were some issues with timing and sacks. But man did that bring realism to the game and put the onus on the stick skills of the player and allowed the player to overcome ratings so that if you had a lowly Jamarcus Russell, he was not unusable if you were good enough.

All of the feature the OP listed where far from perfect, the Tony Bruno Show got repetative after a few seasons - I was really looking forward to them expanding it - but it along with things like, newspapers (national and local), custom playbooks, create a fan, changing ticket prices made the game more immersive and added to the replay factor.

And I'm feeling djordan on the defensive playmaker. During the game I see all kinds of simple coverage adjustments that I can make to take a play away but I'm always scrambling, and scrolling through players to hot route them before the ball is snapped and get caught controlling the wrong man. That really needs to be simplified.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Player Roles were much better than the weapons imo, i really miss the Roles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

The best Madden will be one that includes every feature that we have used over the past 20 years while fixing the bugs and glitches involved with them. That won't happen because EA thinks the way to defeat declining sales is to go after people that have never played the game. This while dumbing down the gameplay which makes the seasoned pro extinct. Now even a 5 year old can pick up the game, and be competitive.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
Player Roles were much better than the weapons imo, i really miss the Roles
Agreed.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

My list of features that need to return:

1. Defensive coverage audibles(CB shading)
2. Man lock/Man align/ the ability to disguise coverage
3. Quick audibles
4. Custom playbooks
5. Formation shifts

IMO these are all core elements of gameplay. These features give us a deeper, richer experience. These features allow us to have that "chess match" feel that has been missing in the next gen. I can not fathom how the devs could strip all of these things away and then proclaim that m10 or m11 is the "best madden game ever". It can't be the best when its missing stuff that was already in there before.

Then, there are the little things:

1. Having a playbook preview area so that we can see whats in a playbook without having to play a game or go to practice mode.

2. Being able to set your audibles without having to scroll through the entire playbook one at a time. It should look just like the playcall screen.

3. Putting first down markers in the playcall preview screen so that you know exactly how far your WRs are gonna go.

4 Having mini-camp drills that are actually useful and translate to the real game.

If they were to bring back everything I listed, I would be a happy man. Madden 11 would be a definite pre-order first day purchase, no questions asked. It shouldn't be hard to do because they have already done it before.

I also miss playing Rush n Attack online. That was fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »