Home

Are you losing interest in Madden

This is a discussion on Are you losing interest in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: How's your interest in Madden these days?
As strong as ever 55 19.16%
Not what it was 104 36.24%
Fading fast 128 44.60%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16
Are you losing interest in Madden

I used to count the days to release and buy it the first day but that interest is gone. I haven't really liked the next gen versions so thats probably why.
Am I the only one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2010, 12:48 PM   #2

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Are you losing interest in Madden

Not sure about your age but I think the answer is simple: the original Madden generation is getting older.

It isn't surprising that guys who are in their early to mid 30s struggle to enjoy something they did when they were teenagers or in their early 20s.

I also think we all look for the perfect game too much where as when we were younger, we were able to overlook the glitches and problems with games because we were having so much fun. But now, our definition of fun requires a near-perfect game because everything that isn't right will stand out.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I also think we all look for the perfect game too much where as when we were younger, we were able to overlook the glitches and problems with games because we were having so much fun. But now, our definition of fun requires a near-perfect game because everything that isn't right will stand out.
I think the opposite can be true in other cases though.

As you get older, have kids, and take on more responsibities, you're satisfied in getting a somewhat realistic experience (not perfect) b/c you're strapped for time anyway. You don't have the time to diagnose every glitch and put every bug under the mircroscope. You just want to play and have fun.

So while I agree with you, it slices the other way as well.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #4
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Not sure about your age but I think the answer is simple: the original Madden generation is getting older.

It isn't surprising that guys who are in their early to mid 30s struggle to enjoy something they did when they were teenagers or in their early 20s.

I am only 23 and played Fifa to death. Not the gamer I was when I was a teen and agree I have become far more picky with games.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

I usually get hyped once info starts rollin' out. For me Madden 10' still gets played, so 11' can only be better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

I love Football so I don't think I could ever fully loose interest in Madden,however maybe a little disappointed by some features and not fully taking advantage of today's next gen systems...It's kinda hard to believe this game started out on the Apple computer and that Visual Concepts used to be one of the Developers for Madden back in the day,lol.......So basically everyone that wishes that Madden had 2k's presentation and graphics with Maddens Franchise depth could have had their dream come true if EA never would have decided to go in house..
Old 05-27-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

It has nothing to do that getting older. It has everything to do with a lack of productivity from the Madden team & key issues not being addressed or unable to be fixed in the game play due to the foundation the game was built on. Along with the subtraction of multiple features from last gen to current.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

I'm in my late 30's and my Madden habit is nowhere near what it once was. I used to play 5-8 games a day, now I'm getting less than 4 a week.

QB Vision on the PS2 was what changed my habit. For 2 years I attempted to play online without QB Vision, but finding unranked games was tough. I went with the NG versions in '08 just to get away from QB Vision... And despite the game being HORRIBLE, it was better to play a horrible game without QB Vision than to play a good one with it.

Ever since, it's hard to get back into playing like I used to..

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »